New Member with a 100 pounds to lose...

Options
Hello folks, I am 43yrs old and i am up to my neck with this weight and needing to go on a 100lb losing adventure. This seems like a great place to start! It's a 110 degrees right here in Texas, guess I couldn't find a better time to start :smile:

Replies

• TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! I had over 100 to lose too and am getting there slowly but surely! And I am in Texas Also, miserable hot these days!
  • dusk1977
    dusk1977 Posts: 295
    Options
    welcome, this is a great site and the people are lovely, good luck with your journey, feel free to add me :smile:
  • CoachSid
    CoachSid Posts: 13
    Options
    This is a great tool. I had already lost 54 pounds when someone told me about this and it makes it much easier. Total down now about 72 pounds. Still have 30 to go
  • HappyKat50
    HappyKat50 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello from Rainy Ireland :) i have stones to lose lots of them , my first week and so far keeping under my calories, find the walking a bit tough on my legs at the min. but all's well , good luck and stick with it :)
  • WildcatNatalie05
    WildcatNatalie05 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'd love to get to the weight I was when I met my husband...I've got over 100lbs to go! New Member also, this site is AMAZING! Good luck! We can do this!!
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Welcome its 100+ here in Ca. yikes I have no air conditioning I sweat at home , sweat on the way to the gym, sweat in the gym sweat in the car on the way home, sweat at home again sleep while sweating wake up, and repeat. You can friend me if you would like
  • miasmom08
    Options
    Hi,

I, like you, have about 100 lbs to lose and I am from south Texas (horribly hot and humid) . Good luck reaching your goal and feel free to add me for support :)
  • ocrunner11
    ocrunner11 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    You started it off with a good site, Congrats!!! One day at a time and find a exercise program you enjoy. Think back to when you were a kid, what did you do naturally? I loved swimming and enjoyed running. I am running now after 18 years of not running, I love it! Best wishes!:flowerforyou:
  • Sirskot00
    Sirskot00 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    90 lbs to go myself. we'll all have keep each other going.
  • glittersoul
    Options
    You're right. This is a great place to start. Good luck on your adventure. Add me if you want another friend. I have 200 to lose :)
  • volfan22
    volfan22 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    It's easier than you think - come here daily, you get support and all the tracking tools you will need to see where you are and how far you have to go (or have gone). Tips to get you there too - it's an amazing little site and best of all it's free! Add me if you want - I'm in Louisiana - I hear ya about the heat!

Good Luck!
  • shazzamax11
    Options
    Hi

I'm from London and have about 54lbs to lose, i'm new here also.
  • up2myneck
    Options
    Wow... lot's of reply's in a short period of time... looks like an awesome support system! Thank you for the encouragement and support! Looking forward to getting healthy, feeling better and getting my self confidence back. Feel free to add me as a friend