First time doing keto low carb diet need HELP! Need meal plan ideas

Options
Doing 5%carb 30% protein 65%fat at 1500calories

I’m 5’8 235lbs 23yr male. Sedentary job. Need suggestions on what to eat on this diet that holds up to these goals. If anyone is doing anything similar to this please reach out to me and show me some of your meals you eat throughout the day

Replies

• mwillder1
    mwillder1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hey, I have been doing a LCHF diet/plan for about 8 weeks now and I'm down about 14lbs as of this morning. It's been great so far; little to no hunger, have stopped cravings for sweets and other items that have been my downfall in the past. Feel free to check out my food diary. Basically I have some eggs and meat for breakfast (or high protein yogurt), a salad with ranch for lunch and a protein (usually chicken for fish), and then some protein and green vegetables for dinner.

I've been averaging about 25-30 carbs/day since I began (I track everything religiously), so about 60% F, 30% C and 10% F. The hardest part has been to eat more fat without overdoing it on the meat/protein, etc. I've cut my sugar to an average of 13g/day, which has been good.

Anyway, it has worked amazingly well and opened my eyes to the fact that--despite what many say here--a calorie is NOT a calorie. It's also important to know what that calorie will do once it's ingested, on the insulin levels, etc. Eating 100 calories of a doughnut will not have the same impact as 100 calories of a healthy fat or protein.

Good luck!
  • kiracookie
    kiracookie Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I’m keto, my meals mostly are omelette or scrambled egg with chorizo or a spicy broccoli soup for lunch and dinners I tend to have bolognese with cauliflower,
    Egg fried (cauli)rice, beef stirfry, Thai green curry or beef crackslaw.
    I have a black coffee with MCT oil for breakfast if I feel I need it.
    I lost 17lb then stalled completely but I found I’d been eating too much protein (in cheese :’(). Iv cut that out now and dropped 4lb this week.
  • kiteboardrocks
    kiteboardrocks Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have a half a avacado loaded, think potato in the am with a scrambled egg & cheese. Salad fir lunch with scrimp scampi on the side so easy. Meat turn dinner with asparagus or brussel sprouts or some other green veggies. Lot & lots of water....
  • klenz525
    klenz525 Posts: 39 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Welcome to the keto world! I have been keto for about 4 months and there’s no going back for me. I’m the most energized and satisfied with food that I’ve ever been! That being said, it’s definitely hard in the beginning. You need to do a lot of meal planning and also have a plan in place for going out to eat. Feel free to add me as a friend and see my food log.

[Post edited by MFP mod]
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Look into the MFP groups for the Low Carber Daily or the Keto group. Both groups are pretty active, and the LCD usually has at least one thread on recipes or dinner picks going at any given time.

I usually go with a meat and often a side of veggies for most meals such as steak and salad; taco meat with cheese, lettuce, sour cream and avocado; burger patty and cheese with snap peas in cheese dip; bacon and eggs; a bowl of nuts; chilli (no beans); or fathead pizza. I find limiting plants helps with my stomach so I also have many days where I just eat animal products (meat, seafood, eggs, full fat dairy) which makes cooking really easy, ;)
  • hykermuma48
    hykermuma48 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have researched "Keto Diet" "Banting Diet" and "LCHF" diets on the internet and I have found Pinterest has some really great meal ideas but these diets are a lot of meal prep. I just typed "Keto" and reviewed recipes on Pinterest that I would enjoy and are not to complicated. This site also has some great meal prep ideas that you may find helpful. I just add recipes to MFP and I can figure all my macros for the day or week. All the best
  • michael2187
    michael2187 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys!