Give Me Some Good "ZEROS"!!

Options
Would you drink bleach if it made you drop 10LB in two weeks?

How about pickle juice? I find myself eating a lot of pickles as they are "zeros" across the board and find that if you dunk a long straw into the deep GreenLiquid it taste like a fancy island drink. It has become my new energy drink for whenever i need a flavor boost and unfiltered city water from the tap just isn't enough. Though i love Monster drinks i'd rather satisfy my quench with a 0 rather than 100 calories per serving; OK they do make Monster - Absolutely Zero Energy Drink, but i'm a cheapskate and like virtually free better (you do still have to buy the pickles). I've even been experimenting with banana pepper and jalapeno juice with not too shabby results.

i also have a love of LEMONS and use them everywhere i can: in water, eggs, salads, soups...Like Converse...Everywhere. I've yet to try the LemonPickle combo, but i'm sure it's just a matter of time.Also from the zero family.

i was wondering if there are a lot of other members from the Zero family tree that i've yet to discover and would appreciate any knowledge you can dump on me. i know there was probably a basic Nutrition 101 course in college i should have taken,but i was about 175 in those days, and they had this thing called GIRLS that seem to consume...

the 10LB in two weeks thing; Who knows? i have heard in dark, shabby, alleys that drinking anything with a lot of vinegar content is supposed to help you shred and if the intake is at a zero caloric count, and keeps you from drinking something else that does add, it can't be all bad. Don't hesitate to share your pink squishy brains with me!

No, i'm not a Zombie. ThankQ for asking.

fini.

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I love pickle juice. Especially when I have a hangover.
  • mlinci
    mlinci Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I love pickles, particularly American style ones (rather than tiny pickled gherkins popular where I’m from). But drinking pickle juice sounds like a cruel punishment.

But then, I’ve been known to snack on lemon slices and wedges, skin and all, when I get them in a drink or salad, so I guess to each their own!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    cherys wrote: »
    I LOVE cucumber and celery. I've been told celery uses more calories to digest than it gives you. Not sure if that's true but those savoury flavours are sooo good, and zero (ish) calories.

It's not true, but celery is very low calorie.
  • Kalex1975
    Kalex1975 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Radishes are a great very low-calorie snack. I buy these 1 pound bags of them which when cleaned and trimmed leave about 12 ounces - only 54 calories for an entire bag (which is like 20-30 radishes)! If you have room in your sodium intake they are even better dipped in a little sea salt.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    The ACV woo is bad enough and simply will not die. Please don't start a thread with the idea that bleach might be a good idea.

I would hope that most people wouldn't think bleach would be a good idea to begin with.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    The ACV woo is bad enough and simply will not die. Please don't start a thread with the idea that bleach might be a good idea.

I would hope that most people wouldn't think bleach would be a good idea to begin with.

One would hope that, but recent postings don't give me such faith in humanity.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Water. Zero.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options

It hurts that this is worth saying.
  • WispyBlue
    WispyBlue Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Miracle noodle, green tea,
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

Have you seen some of the warning labels on products lately they have to put warning labels on everything because even the most common sense things are not so common sense to some people

I would imagine that most companies put on the labels to avoid costly lawsuits (could you imagine all the people who would seize that opportunity if there weren't warning labels).

What's the craziest warning label you've seen?
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Pickle juice isn't exactly "zero". It might be zero calorie, but it's loaded with salt so you'd end up gaining water weight from drinking it.
  • Iamnotasenior
    Iamnotasenior Posts: 234 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    La Croix sparkling water. Comes in a lot of different flavors, has no sweeteners of any kind and is calorie and sodium free. Pickle juice is loaded with sodium and drinking too much might cause one to retain fluid.
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    As for my favorite zero calorie item, it would have to be green tea with a bit of lemon and splenda.