paleo diet

Options
Is anyone one it and stuck with it as a life style change Not just a diet. How is it working out for you??

Replies

• teagansdad
    teagansdad Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm 2 1/2 weeks in and feeling great... I am approaching it as a lifestyle change and not just a "diet" to lose weight. Even at this early stage, I don't see myself going back to my old way of eating. Part of it is how I'm feeling now, but also due to all of the research that I've done.

As for the sticking with it... I'll let you know in a few months. ;-)
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    There's a whole group of them on here. They can't seem to spell their own name right, but if you click on the "search" tab and look for "palelo", their support forum will pop up.
  • FabCheeky
    FabCheeky Posts: 311
    Options
    Search for Paleo Tough Mudders. Lot of great links there. I've been on the Paleo diet for several months now. I'm feeling better than I have in my entire life (no kidding), and I'm never, ever going to stop eating like this.
  • FabCheeky
    FabCheeky Posts: 311
    Options
    I've lost weight, fat, inflammation, asthma, IBS, joint issues, fibromyalgia, girly issues, fatigue, migraine headaches, etc.
    I've gained muscles, health, happiness, undoubtedly years of my life, and the ability to be PRESENT in my life.
    Links to check out:
    Elanaspantry.com
    comfybelly.com
    marksdailyapple.com
    robbwolf.com
    fastpaleo.com
    civilizedcavemancooking.com
    http://dawnofacavewoman.blogspot.com/ <---she's in the process of her first 30 days. Good reading.
    Get on facebook, and those people will take you to a bunch of other sites.
  • janiepumphrey
    Options
    I've been on the paleo diet since December 2009. It cured my acne, chronic fatigue, and depression.
    This diet is rather low in calcium and magnesium if you're not specifically seeking them out - so now I'm supplementing calcium and magnesium on the days when I don't get enough from food. I had my first cavity and my first root canal on this diet (after 28 years of no dental problems at all) and I think it might have been related to a mineral deficiency.
  • BeeMarieG
    BeeMarieG Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    bump