Over 40’s SUPPORT required!

Options
Hey ladies (and men) I’m currently struggling and need support. I joined WW just over a year ago and did brilliantly and lost two and a half stone. Came to within a whisper of my goal weight and then had my gallbladder removed. That’s when the wheels well and truly fell off! Having the freedom to be able to eat whatever I wanted without fear of pain was amazing but had left me putting a stone + back on. Now it might not seem like a lot to people but I’m under 5 foot tall and am now really unhappy.

Would to love to chat and send/receive support to fellow over 40’s or indeed anyone who has been in the same boat. Look forward to chatting! X

Replies

• iheartchocolate2016
    Options
    Hi there, well done on what you have accomplished. I want to say losing two and a half stone is amazing! I totally understand how you feel about putting it back on too. That would be hard. In saying that you are on here and it sounds like you are wanting to get back on the plan. In my experience that is a great start. I want to say find whatever you need to find to kick start your motivation - outside of our support here. What got you first motivated to join WW and lose weight? I am at a similar point of needing to find my motivation. I am over 40 years of age and have lost 20 pounds since April 2016 and pretty proud of myself with that. I have found weight loss pretty much non existent for this last 9-10 months. I have been doing exercise and reducing my calories and fallen off the wagon in between. Nevertheless I am back on the wagon and have been since August and lost about one pound going up and down but not really losing. I am definitely fitting my clothes better but I'm struggling to keep going now that winter has come. Going outside to exercise has become impossible. Being inside and feeling the cold makes me want to eat more!
    Anyway I am here to encourage you and say keep going. If you can find your motivation to press in and day to day get excited about duet and exercise I think you will get back onto it. Do you have a friend to walk with or exercise with? I found this helped? Do you have someone who can compete with you to lose weight each week? That can help also.
    Anyway if you want to add me as a friend to chat and encourage you please do. I would encourage you when you log in and when you exercise. So I look forward to being part of your moving forward and getting back on the wagon. Best of luck.
  • Chi2Vegas
    Chi2Vegas Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Looking for support as well and I would be happy to help you on your journey. Add me if you wish and we can do this together.

Cheers!
  • doctorMICHY
    doctorMICHY Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi there, well done on what you have accomplished. I want to say losing two and a half stone is amazing! I totally understand how you feel about putting it back on too. That would be hard. In saying that you are on here and it sounds like you are wanting to get back on the plan. In my experience that is a great start. I want to say find whatever you need to find to kick start your motivation - outside of our support here. What got you first motivated to join WW and lose weight? I am at a similar point of needing to find my motivation. I am over 40 years of age and have lost 20 pounds since April 2016 and pretty proud of myself with that. I have found weight loss pretty much non existent for this last 9-10 months. I have been doing exercise and reducing my calories and fallen off the wagon in between. Nevertheless I am back on the wagon and have been since August and lost about one pound going up and down but not really losing. I am definitely fitting my clothes better but I'm struggling to keep going now that winter has come. Going outside to exercise has become impossible. Being inside and feeling the cold makes me want to eat more!
    Anyway I am here to encourage you and say keep going. If you can find your motivation to press in and day to day get excited about duet and exercise I think you will get back onto it. Do you have a friend to walk with or exercise with? I found this helped? Do you have someone who can compete with you to lose weight each week? That can help also.
    Anyway if you want to add me as a friend to chat and encourage you please do. I would encourage you when you log in and when you exercise. So I look forward to being part of your moving forward and getting back on the wagon. Best of luck.

Thank you so much for this great reply. I will add you right now xx

• i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    Add me!
  • Losing_Myself_Again
    Options
    I understand where you're coming from. I have been on WW off and on since 2000. Lost weight, kept it off for a few years then something stressful in my life would happen and I'd gain it back. I haven't had any success with WW since they keep changing the program and the old original points program they had in 2000 left me starving now that I'm older. I'm 39 (40 next month) and barely 5' tall. I need to lose 42lbs that I've gained back. Feel free to add me. I plan on just following a calories in/calories out approach and would love to have more support/accountability as well.
  • annobrien394
    annobrien394 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm four foot ten and need to loose two stone add me