Meal past midnight

Options
To start off... I wake up around noon, work from 3pm to midnight, and don't eat dinner til about 2 or 3am. My question is, would i put that in for the previous day or the current past midnight day?

Replies

• Vgbarash
    Vgbarash Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Your choice! Just be consistent every day (24 hours is 24 hours) regardless if it's 2am to 2am next day or 3am till 3am. Just keep going and remain diligent
  • DaintyWhisper
    DaintyWhisper Posts: 221 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    For me, I consider when I wake up until the time I go to bed as one day. So, I would put it all on the same day. It would get confusing splitting my eating between two different days. I wouldn't be able to keep track of it as well. Maybe you can relabel your meal names to reflect times to help remind yourself. Such as: "Breakfast: 12pm-3pm" "Lunch: 6pm-9pm" "Dinner: 12am - 3am" Anyway, I hope it all works out for you!
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    Whenever possible i go from when i wake to when i sleep as my day. It would be hella discouraging to me to wake up with a good portion of my daily calories already gone. Wouldnt set me up well for my day.
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I will chime in.....

I would say that you could do either. But, the key would be to simply be consistent. I am doing IF (I fast from 7PM to the following 11AM) so I consider my "day" to be between 11AM and 7PM. Whatever I eat in that time frame counts for that day. Now, for full disclosure, I am more interested in the week's total than each and every day's total. But, consistency is super important (well, for me, anyway - we are all different).

So, I would encourage you to experiment. Find what works best for you and then do that consistently. Keep in mind that adherence is super important.....and the psychology to what you are doing is sometimes the most important factor in adhering to something.

Enjoy the experimenting!