Shopping List

Options
We are going shopping today. What are your healthy items that you always have in your grocery cart or what does your shopping list look like?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I buy different things, depending on what I'm going to eat/make. Milk is possibly an "always" item. Do you mean what sort of foods I always have on hand? I have a variety of grains, pasta, bread, frozen berries, vegetables, meat and fish, nuts, canned tomatoes and beans, sandwich spreads (cheese, meat, fish), butter and oils, herbs and spices, tea, coffee and cocoa, eggs, fill up when/before I run out, and buy fresh fruit and vegetables, and milk, twice per week.
  • ZoneFive
    ZoneFive Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Red bell peppers, fresh spinach, whole-grain sandwich wraps, plain wholemilk yogurt, blueberries, apples, bananas, muesli, eggs, frozen stir-fry veggies, frozen uncooked shrimp, 2% milk, ground turkey, deli ham and turkey, string cheese. Those are the everyday staples. Then add to that ingredients for whatever other dinners I've planned for the week.
  • ptrcmcc6
    ptrcmcc6 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    This is not every week. I tend to shop daily being as I work in a supermarket but things I like to keep on hand are: frozen/fresh veggies, frozen/fresh berries, cheese, seltzer (I love Adirondack White Chocolate seltzer), chicken, boneless pork chops, ground beef, bacon, sausage, butter, olive oil, avocados, cream cheese, peanut butter, s/f jam, low carb wraps, eggs, golden flax meal, almond flour, splenda, stevia, cream or half & half, canned pumpkin. That's about all I can think of for now but I'm sure there is more depending on what I feel like having for dinner.
  • sgtx81
    sgtx81 Posts: 466 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Chicken breast and turkey breast. Can't get enough of em. My favorite food in the world used to be wild salmon, but I don't eat anything from the Pacific ocean anymore.