successfully lost 121 pounds but still see fat girl in thr mirror

Options
babylovers
babylovers Posts: 66 Member
edited November 2017 in Success Stories
Soooo my story starts back in 2012 when I gave birth to my 2nd baby I gained tons of weight between pregnancy and breastfeeding I went from already very overweight weighing 260 pounds to 360 pounds . I was tired constantly couldn't breathe couldn't care for my kids. I decided I need to try to lose weight so that's where my journey started I joined a gym worked out 5-6 days a week and kept my calories down to 1200-1500 a day. I lost 80 pounds then I got pregnant again and breastfeeding brought me back to my original weight again . When I'm breastfeeding I feel super starving . So I quit breastfeeding and I lost 60 pounds 2015 feeling pretty amazing got back down to 280 and of course got pregnant with my 4th baby I was devastated I promised myself I would continue to lose weight while pregnant slowly and safely. I lost 25 pounds while pregnant but guess what. I gained 40 pounds breastfeeding again starving. I decided to stop breastfeeding in June 2017 I started my journey again weighing 300 pounds and I since then have went very low carb - keto style. Today I weigh in at 239. I feel pretty darn good very proud very happy to be able to give a better mom to my 4 kids and my awsome husband. I am on birth control no more excuses I pray n hope to get down to the 100s . I'm starting to get comments of my successful tho I see the fat girl in the mirror still I see the old me allot idk why I can't stop seeing the flaws I have loose skin and I focus on flaws. I promised myself I was doing this for my kids and that's all that matters . So yes I'm super proud so far and will continue to work hard everyday of my life. Thank you so so much to all those successful stories I get to read everyday of my life to motivate me you all are the reason I know this is all possible . God bless everyone remember god can give you the strength to keep going the faith to believe in yourself the healing from any struggles along the way .

Replies

• Oma827
    Oma827 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    360 to 239 is fantastic! You are almost my journey twin, 345 to 242 so far. Look back into that mirror and see a strong family-centered woman. A woman healthy enough to play with and talk to her kids about living well. A woman whose well-fitted clothing is quite different from before! Congratulations.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I feel you are an amazing woman to have achieved such a significant weight loss. I know it took a lot of time , dedication and determination to go so far on your journey. It also takes time to "see ourselves" when we have changed so much on the outside- but You are the beautiful , amazing dedicated woman that God created you to be. Keep up the good work. I know you will reach your goal- You are an inspiration to me!!!!
  • SnazzIT
    SnazzIT Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    keep it up, my brain and my body is not in sync either, it will take a while...
  • nic_27_grassisgreener
    Options
    Congratulations on your success so far! Looking at your photos there is clearly huge improvement! Stick with it, you can reach your goal.
  • MyLovesMyLife
    MyLovesMyLife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I’m a fertile myrtle too even in the 200s and always got up to 250s at delivery. I’m doing low carb too and down from 255 to 182 but still don’t see the difference though my clothes are smaller. I think it takes time to get used to the smaller version. You’re doing great keep it up
  • MaikeO1977
    MaikeO1977 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a success story!

I'm in a weight loss program overseen by a physician, a dietitian, and a psychologist and very slowly they manage to change my perception of myself. And I am starting to realize that the main problem is that I seem to care about everyone else but myself. I allow myself to focus on negative things and beat myself up over failures.

These are some things they asked me and they told me:
    What are your health-related values? For example, one of mine was feeling healthy. And I started to omit "for my son" because yes, for him... but why not for myself?
    Allow yourself to be a human being and allow for failures. We all have them. Just acknowledge the stress and move on. That was a tough one for me.
    Be kind to yourself. Also tough.
    Be patient. Well, I am getting there, and the more success I see (not the scale but changing dressing size and getting comments at work), the easier it is to be patient.

From me to you: You have lost so much weight multiple times! That is pretty damn amazing in my book! You are an inspiration! Try to see your accomplishments. Maybe keep a positivity journal and tell yourself every evening about three things you felt good about each day? Maybe your brain will be rewired to not seeing the parts of you that you don't like and will instead see all the things you love.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    babylovers wrote: »
    I'm starting to get comments of my successful tho I see the fat girl in the mirror still I see the old me allot idk why I can't stop seeing the flaws I have loose skin and I focus on flaws. I promised myself I was doing this for my kids and that's all that matters . So yes I'm super proud so far and will continue to work hard everyday of my life. Thank you so so much to all those successful stories I get to read everyday of my life to motivate me you all are the reason I know this is all possible . God bless everyone remember god can give you the strength to keep going the faith to believe in yourself the healing from any struggles along the way .

th?id=OIP.WPWCXryR14DkjmBS5uM_WwDSEs&w=160
    Old woman or young girl?

faces.gif
    Goblet or two faces?

015517432b26fd0a62c699a8874b46ae--eye-tricks-mind-tricks.jpg
    Man playing instrument or woman's face?

FrogOrHorseRotated.1.jpg
    Frog or Horse?

{{{{{{ <3o:)<3HUGS & High Fives <3o:)<3 }}}}}}}} You are an amazing and fabulous woman and what you've accomplished in/thru Christ who strengthens you is nothing less than tremendous, literally! Also, to be a wife and mom with 4 young children is an amazing feat in itself...super tough you MUST be to tend to your children and hubby AND take the time to make the time for yourself--just fabulous you are--you ROCK, period.

Now, onto the pics....see how our "perceptions" of things are not always the truth or what we think and feel? Just because we "see and/or believe we see" something doesn't make it true...just because we "feel" some kinda way, doesn't make it so. L@@K at these pics again and then think about seeing yourself as fat/fatter than you actually are. Self-control is a fruit of The Holy Spirit and I'm a witness that once you fully and completely embrace/commit to what God says about you, instead of how you feel and/or "think" you look--BAM....here comes The Truth and being MADE free, because of The Truth--it's REAL and it's POWERFUL, again...I'm a witness of this TRUTH!

check it out....
    Kuih7oV.jpg

Since you're giving The True and Living God The Glory and mentioning Him, let me tell you--you must no longer go by what you "see" NOR how you feel about what you "think" you see. You MUST walk by faith (in The Lord first and foremost--by His Faith in you) and no longer by "sight" alone--DO not walk by this "perception" or sight of yourself from this day forth, period--it's a choice, believe it or not--it is. Humble yourself (under the Mighty Hand of God) and make up your mind to DARE no longer believe/put your trust in what you "see" when you see yourself in the mirror, you are going to be looking at yourself with "The Mind of Christ--and The Eyes of True Faith" and then back it up by saying out loud and to yourself "I'm looking GOOD--really really GOOD, Thank you Jesus, I'm looking slimmer and slimmer--I'm doing this and it's REAL, I'm slimmer and healthier looking more and more each day. Totally REJECT that "voice" that tells you "yuck, you're still fat". Instead praise God OUT LOUD that He's working in and thru you and you love Him, you LOVE what you see and what He's doing in and thru you and you're looking Good, period. This will/may take some time, but as you "practice" walking by faith and not by sight" as you practice putting your faith and trust in The Lord, instead of the mirror, BAM! Here comes the Truth and Here comes praise and worship to/of God for "delivering" you from your "feelings" and false perceptions and for replacing those fears, doubts and yuck with His peace (which passes ALL understanding) and now live in His Peace like a river. Try it--YOU ROCK! o:)<3o:)
  • babylovers
    babylovers Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    WOW WOW WOW WOW! You all come on here posting these beautiful things to me about how I'm inspiring and I rock.
    You guys are truly amazing truly beautiful truly a blessing . The hands and feet of Jesus! I mean the dedication you all took to brighten my thoughts to focus on lifting someone up in the way of the lord is incredible. The whole world needs people like you there are so many people looking at their self in negative ways and I appreciate the reminder that their are beautiful souls out there like you all. THANK YOU so much for your encouraging words and kindness. I will forever keep focusing on what the lord sees me as and looking at myself threw his eyes . I was also focus on the thoughts I think of myself and raise them to the lord and teach myself better thoughts. I always say perception is reality. I also say we talk to our self all day whatever you tell yourself goes to your brain and then comes out of your mouth then back to your brain and out your mouth and it recycles . Thank you for the blessings here today as I said in the message came true strength from the lord faith to believe and clearly its true . YOU ALL ROCK AND ARE INSPIRING TO ME !
  • Pepsab
    Pepsab Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    You look great and i definitely see a huge difference.

I was the same with breastfeeding, i was all about the food. It always made me laugh when people said breast feeding helps you lose weight. Never the case for me.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    It definitely feels like my fat brain won't die. The mirror is always a pain. Taking pictures is helpful, but if I look at before and after photos for long enough, I can convince myself that there's not much of a difference. I can be swimming in my old t-shirts which I now wear as night shirts, but I still can't unsee what I've been seeing all these years. You are not alone.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    you have done an amazing job. You should be proud of yourself. It takes awhile for the brain to catch up with whats happening. Dont worry and very well done. x
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
    Keep on doing what you have been doing, you are definitely doing an amazing job!
    Self image is a tricky thing and hopefully, as you continue, you will be able to see the truly healthy woman you are becoming!
  • aliciaaw
    aliciaaw Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You're beautiful from inside and outside you should be proud of how far you have come! May God bless you on your journey!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    YAY YOU!!! You've got this--looking GOOD, with your slimmer & healthier self. NOTHING impossible to them that believe, period. o:)<3o:)
  • FAAB_too
    FAAB_too Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    babylovers wrote: »
    Thanks to all you lovely people. Today something magical happened to me . I almost cried at WalMart. I never would fit into any shirts before my belly was so big and hung low . I have never fit into women's coats let alone my belly hung out of men's coats. Well today I was at WalMart and I thought too myself no way a WOMENS coat would ever fit me . I went over to the coats feeling silly but I tryed one and omgoodness it was too baggy big I felt a tear drop . I finally realized I finally understood where I stood with my weight loss it hit me like a ton of bricks . It was amazing.

Congratulations! Years ago I lost 100 pounds. I wear the same size now I did in high school but still see myself as fat. So I take pictures of myself bc I see something different in pics than I do in the mirror!?! Idk why but I do. Lol
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    You’ve made an amazing transformation!!

You can teach yourself to appreciate your body. Each time you look in the mirror, look at one body part and express gratitude toward it. Thankful for legs that are strong enough to carry you through the day. Thankful for the skin that can stretch and keep you safe while you were growing your babies. Thankful for the smile and eyes that show your pride in your accomplishments. Thankful for the arms that can hug your kids.
  • shan_reg
    shan_reg Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Know your struggle. Same has happened for me. Started at 395 and now at 263. The struggle is real. The mental lag is definitely an issue. Keep working. It’ll happen.
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    It takes your brain a long time to catch up. My highest was 387 and I'm in the 140's to 150's today and still refer to myself as "a big (or fat) girl," not to be unkind to myself but because my brain just hasn't caught up, after 40 of being obese. One thing that may help you is to take full body pictures and place them side-by-side with your 'before' shots as you go. For example: My icon. It's not me at my highest ever, but I was about 320 lbs in the 'before' side. I do see a marked difference when I look at the pics. piccollage is a great app that you can use to do this. It helps.

Please be kind to yourself, you have done an amazing thing! Way to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!