Morning workouts?

Options
2»

Replies

• fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    I only swim after work when I'm in China on business. And that is only because no gym opens at 5am here.
    At home, I'm at the Y at 5am each weekday. Swim 4 miles before work. Nice way to wake up. I love the smell of chlorine in the morning.
  • JellybeansMomFl
    JellybeansMomFl Posts: 15 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I go to the gym for 5am and workout about an hour. I come home shower and cook breakfast for the family. After breakfast I go for a walk around 0720 with my 9month old before I head to work.
    I feel more energized for the day. Then in the evening i call my Aunt who lives in a different state and we walk together and talk on the phone. My 9month old is with me and enjoys the scenery.
  • ashharris424
    ashharris424 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm a great excuse maker so afternoon workouts were a struggle. I would be "too tired" or have "too much to do". Waking up at 3:30 in the morning really leaves me no excuse. Once I'm awake, I'm awake so there's no point in trying to go back to bed. I usually hate life until about 10 minutes into the workout but afterward, I feel so much better!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    if i dont do it in the morning, it aint gonna happen lol
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    I've tried mornings but I just can't. Never been a morning person, and I also use exercise as a way of lowering my blood sugar so working out after meals is better for me. Also, our gym is really crowded between 6 - 8 am.

Although I do my main workout later, I do a small ten minute routine of gentle stretches and bodyweight before breakfast, which really seems to wake up my body and drop my after breakfast glucose numbers. Used to be around 130 two hours after breakfast, now it's under 100 within an hour. And I eat a big carby oatmeal with apples and dairy breakfast.
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    For me it strongly depends I do both and work around my schedule to see what fits best.
    During weekdays I have a morning workout of about 30 minutes and day/evening workouts/classes. To me it is a routine and once that is in place I start playing with it to avoid getting bored