Need motivation and support, Trying to lose weight again!

Options
Several years ago, I lost 92 pounds. Due to personal issues and a stressful few years, I put all the weight back plus a 30 more. So, here I am needing to lose weight again, but unsure where to start.

I bought Beginner Shred to complete and that will probably be my first goal. I know the food will be a big issue for me. I sure hope I can just push through and focus on food and exercise.

My work will be a huge issue and I need to come up with a game plan. I am a writer who sits at the computer 8-10 hours a day. I need to schedule my exercise daily.

I would love some friends to encourage me. My friends aren't very active. Please, no Beachbody couches hounding me to buy something :)

Replies

• kamurray85
    kamurray85 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, several years ago i too lost around 90 lbs. Over the course of 5 years have put 40 lbs back on and feel like poop. I want to get back to where i was at, but can't seem to find the same motivation i had before. :/
  • chrissietiny
    chrissietiny Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    :( i just have to do it because i feel bad.
  • ElaineOldfield
    ElaineOldfield Posts: 1 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Hi - I'm happy to work with you and provide support for each other. I've got 3 stone to loose x
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    If you feel you have to push through and hope you can stick to it, you won't succeed. It's the other way around; we can eat terrible food and small portions for a while, and exercise pretty hard, until we just can't, and then we don't want to follow a sensible approach, no - we want to EAT ALL THE FOODS while we sit, or lay, on the couch.

If you're in a calorie deficit, weight will come off, in its own good time; you can't speed it up, but you can make the experience tolerable, or even happy - or unbearable. MFP makes the process as easy for you as it possibly can be: Just eat what you want, but log it, and hit your calorie goal every day. There are tweaks and hacks, but basically, this is what you have to do, and all you have to do.
  • lewdkiss
    lewdkiss Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    You can do this! I'd love to support you. ❤️
  • chrissietiny
    Options
    I have a hard time losing as i have hormonal issue and post hysterectomy. At first i have to push through because i need to. Then it will become a habit. Im just looking for a tribe to support me and i to them.
  • jojo8974
    jojo8974 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'd love to help support in any way I can... I've helped moms with pcos and thyroid issues. You can do this, but you're going to have to be patient. Add me if you'd like a fit pal
  • Twistyyyy
    Twistyyyy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Im new here also amd looking to lose about 50lbs.. This app is amazing..log everything everything everything u eat n u will see where u r and what u can cut.. Take it slow at first..im barely on week one..lets go thru the struggle together
  • maybe904
    maybe904 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was able to lose 75lbs about two years ago. I have been slowly seeing it creep back on. I'd like to put a stop to it before it gets out of control, but I struggle with depression and find myself having a hard time getting motivated. I would love to help any of you with any encouragement I can, and would love to get some back. It makes it so much easier to have some support. Good luck everyone.
  • chrissietiny
    Options
    Thank you to all who reached out to me. It is greatly appreciated :)