Favorite Food?

Options
gregfrompenn
gregfrompenn Posts: 13 Member
edited November 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Help! What food do you enjoy that suppresses your appetite and is easy to calculate? Especially important when you are out and about. I find I'm eating way too much fast food!

Replies

• H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately for me, food stimulates my appetite. I find coffee, tea, or caffeine pills taken with water suppress my appetite quite well.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    You're asking different questions-
    My favourite food, Lamb madras with garlic naan
    Easiest food to log that offers me satiety, ramen noodles
    Easiest food to eat out. Subway turkey and ham 6"
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    A cup of coffee suppresses my appetite and help me deal with the hangries. I also carry easy portable protein bars in my bag (high protein/fiber).

If asking favorite 'fast food'? Go to's are McDonald's Egg White Deluxe McMuffin & coffee under 270 cals, they serve this 24/7. Chick-fil-A, also has a Chicken Egg White Grill (bfast menu) or Chicken Grilled Nuggets (lunch/dinner menu) and I may choose side salad (volume food) that fills me up as well.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    If you are eating too much, eat less.
    If you are eating poorly, eat better.
    Home cooked meals made from single food ingredients is easy to calculate when you cook it yourself and use the recipe builder.
    When you're eating out, eat whatever you want.
    If you want to eat less fast food, don't go to fast food restuarants.
    You don't have to overeat just because you're eating out.
    If you eat out often, you have to take greater care than if you do it occasionally.
    I like most foods. It just has to be prepared correctly.
    Don't try to suppress your appetite, your appetite is there for a reason, and appetite is good.
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    String cheese, an apple and a handful of almonds, or a protein bar, help me out between meals while I'm running errands and are easy to log on MFP.
  • azironasun
    azironasun Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    A piece of fruit like an apple, pear, orange, etc. or hard boiled eggs.
    Either one can be picked up easily at a supermarket or convenience store.
  • kittybenn
    kittybenn Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Nuts of any kind - I usually have with me a small amount of cashews and/or Emerald varieties. They come in single packages, like cocoa roast and have 100 cals.
  • Ashtoretet
    Ashtoretet Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Suppressing your appetite isn't the same as making you feel full. Caffeine suppresses appetite, a meal that has a lot of fat, protein, and fiber makes you feel full. I eat fast food several times a week and did that while I lost all my weight. every fast food place has calorie counts on their menus, just stick to those and make good choices.