Do you track non-starchy vegetables?

Options
13»

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Of course I log it! Personally for me it isn't worth logging at all if I am only logging some of what I eat. That's just a bunch of useless data then.
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I track everything I eat, including vegetables. I'm steadily losing weight. My sister-in-law has been using Weight Watchers for six months and swears she mostly eats those "no points" vegetables and fruits every day. She initially lost some weight but now can't understand why she's gained some back. I suspect it's because she's going over calories every day, even though she might be staying within her allotted points.
  • azironasun
    azironasun Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    If I eat it, I track it.
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    yes, keeps me honest about everything I put in my mouth
  • Ashtoretet
    Ashtoretet Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I don't tend to count dark greens or celery for their calories, just for the nutrition. I count everything else.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Yes...its more about developing a habit and being honest with myself. Everything has caloric value to it including greenies!
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    I track everything I eat, including vegetables. I'm steadily losing weight. My sister-in-law has been using Weight Watchers for six months and swears she mostly eats those "no points" vegetables and fruits every day. She initially lost some weight but now can't understand why she's gained some back. I suspect it's because she's going over calories every day, even though she might be staying within her allotted points.

AMEN! Calories are important to track!
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I'm a volume eater who eats a lot of vegetables. Yup, I count them.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    I eat at least a couple hundred calories worth of non-starchy veg a day. I'm also a diabetic and vegetables count toward my net carbs - I've seen a noticeable increase in blood glucose following a meal which included a really large salad, plus other carbs. Red cabbage in particular seems to sneak up on me if I combine with something like tortillas.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    When you are beginner to tracking and weighing food, its good to get into a good habit of tracking ALL calories, it helps educate you on the different types of calories (nutritional values, etc) you are eating and yes how many are in each of the foods you eat, etc.

That said, If I am going to log food daily (which I have 3 years) and it has calories I log it.
  • Aarjono
    Aarjono Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I log everything. I pay attention to calories fiber and sodium. Everything else falls into place.