What do you do for your sick days?

Options
I'm sick poor me. I was curious what you guys do on your sick day and for how long?

Replies

• Mandygring
    Mandygring Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Workout wise to to still work out?
  • Mandygring
    Options
    Or still mind a diet?
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I let my body rest, and eat at maintenance so that I recover quicker.
  • Ashtoretet
    Ashtoretet Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Eat at maintenance if you have a cold/flu, supplement with a daily vitamin if you're having trouble keeping food down or having GI distress. This is a lifestyle change, there will always be days where it's just not practical to eat at a deficit.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    If you workout at home, do as much as you feel up to. If you normally go to the gym, stay away until you are not contagious, please! Generally when I'm sick, I'm too sick to work out. Foodwise I don't use it as an excuse to pig out, but I eat what my body needs to get better.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    Mandygring wrote: »
    Workout wise to to still work out?

I figure if I am sick enough not to go to work, I'm probably too sick to work out. And if I'm that sick, I'm probably not that hungry anyways.
  • chumanrichardson
    chumanrichardson Posts: 4 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Great question, @Mandygring. I'm sick too and decided to just take it easy. No gym or working out, especially with the wet and cold weather. I figured it's best to let my body rest. I hope you feel better soon!
  • Mandygring
    Options
    Thank you I hope you feel better too
  • gearhead426hemi
    gearhead426hemi Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    When I feel sick I try to eat only fruit and vegetables and drink TONS of water. I also like to walk around outside weather permitting of course. I live in Washington so we get more liquid sunshine ( rain ) than actual sunlight. The sun will give you vitamin D and the fruit and vegetables will give you Vit C and other vital nutrients your body needs. Avoid any type of drug if at all possible.