Workout music

Options
I need a new workout playlist. I typically lean towards pop music, but have over played everything. Suggestions :)?

Replies

• _bombshell2be_
    _bombshell2be_ Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Baby makin music is usually my workout music!
    Weird I know
  • SweetEve340
    SweetEve340 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hard rock for during strength excerises or running? Or maybe some oldies? :)
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I listen to the iHeartRadio app on my phone via my little bluetooth speaker, anyhow ... I like listening to Fitz and the Tantrums radio or Foster the People radio. All upbeat 'dance around' kinda music and while not all songs are from just those groups they play a lot of similar type songs from various groups. I find it motivating when i'm downstairs working out (have treadmill, elliptical, stationary bike, weight bench, and punching bag) but it really keeps me going so to speak. I especially love punching along to the songs or really amping up the speed on the elliptical when the song gets going.

I tried listening to regular radio but hate all the commericals and since my workouts are longer than most CD lengths hated having to stop and change cds.

I do like classic rock though (AC/DC, etc) , and 'hair bands' think Motley Crue. lol
  • katsheare
    katsheare Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Pretty much anything by Queen: I automatically start working out better when that comes on...
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I like rock, metal and country and have nearly 1000 songs on my old ipod ready to go...lately I tend to find a good streaming app let it find the music for me. Spotify does the trick for me, and I'll search for workout playlists by genre or generic upbeat stuff.
  • I_am_the_Cosmos
    I_am_the_Cosmos Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have two playlists: one is very short and fast older punk (Ramones, Clash, Television, Replacements and so forth) that I use for cardio/jogging. I hate every second of jogging, and the faster songs make it feel like it's going by faster. I'd also add the Killers "Mr. Brightside" as a non-punk song that makes this list.

This next part may sound odd, but for weights I lift to 70's AM Gold or what I like to call wimp rock. Some really questionable choices on this list, and I kind of wonder what the bro pumping weights by me would say if he realized I was listening to stuff like "Steal Away" by Robbie Dupree and "Dancing in the moonlight" by King Harvest.

My point being just listen to what makes you happy and the workout go by.
  • I_am_the_Cosmos
    I_am_the_Cosmos Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    katsheare wrote: »
    Pretty much anything by Queen: I automatically start working out better when that comes on...

I love Queen as well: the live version of "Don't stop me now" is a go to on both my lists, to say nothing of stuff like "It's Late"
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Here's my current playlist:

Kryptonite - 3 Doors Down
    Smooth Criminal - Alien Ant Farm
    Barracuda - Heart
    Survivor - Destiny's Child
    Disturbia - Rihanna
    Don't - Ed Sheeran
    Lose Yourself - Eminem
    Fighter - Christina Aguilera
    Paralyzer - Finger Eleven
    Hit Me With Your Best Shot - Pat Benatar
    Just Like Fire - P!nk
    Roar - Katy Perry
    Just Dance - Lady Gaga
    Bleed It Out - Linkin Park
    Titanium - David Guetta feat. Sia
    What Doesn't Kill You - Kelly Clarkson
    Misery - Maroon 5
    Raise Your Glass - P!nk
    Radioactive - Imagine Dragons
    Please Don't Stop the Music - Rihanna
    Shut Up & Dance - Walk the Moon
    Stronger Than You - Steven Universe
  • AshEvelynn
    AshEvelynn Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I had tons of good ideas when I posted this as well a while back. lots of new music on my playlist!community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10598262/motivational-playlist-ideas#latest
  • rankingfullstop
    rankingfullstop Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    For cardio? Freestyle music! I might even put together a Spotify playlist at some point.

Check out Ampere X by Double Effect. There are plenty of vids of this type of music on the net.

I prefer it without vocals though. Freestyle Project is another dj/group? worth checking out.

Freestyle Project: Megamix

Let me know what you think. Freestyle keeps me moving and working out as hard as I can.
  • shellfish85
    shellfish85 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Some of my fav workout songs:
    Peter Pablo - Raise Up
    Trick Daddy - Sugar
    Macklemore - Can’t hold us
    Bubba Sparxx - miss new booty
    Nicki Minaj - I’m the best
    OutKast - Bombs over Baghdad
    Kanye West - Through the wire
    T.I. - Rubberband man
  • BethWilliams24
    BethWilliams24 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Literally anything by Linkin Park! I love those guys! They can motivate my backside to do ANYTHING!!!