Post Midday Workout Hair...

Options
I know this may sound trivial to some but I am hoping someone out there can help me out. I have recently started working out midday at a gym in my office building. It's a great break for me during the day and I come back feel motivated and ready to finish out the day.

However.... the sweaty hair, fine for climbing the stairs at the gym but not the stairs of the corporate ladder....

There are showers at the gym and I usually hop in and freshen up but I dont have time to blow dry my hair (it would cut into my already mini workout). Even if I dont wash my hair when I shower my hair is still a sweaty mess... apparently I sweat alot.

Suggestions!?

Replies

• sshap21712
    sshap21712 Posts: 139
    Options
    Shave your head?
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Dry shampoo. Amazing stuff, really!
  • cabul3
    cabul3 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    is your hair long enough to pull back into a slick pony or messy bun? both are classy enough for work :o)
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Dry shampoo! Also....pull it up and into a bun or chignon afterwards. It'll still be work appropriate and no one will no that you worked out. It's what I did during my mid-day workouts.
  • pratod
    pratod Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Consider purchasing a dry shampoo. I use one from Tresemme that only costs about $5. It sprays on similar to hairspray, so it's easy to use quickly after changing out of gym clothes. I find that it absorbs oil and refreshes my hair, getting rid of the greasy look without having to wash with water.
  • Justarigz
    Options
    depends on if you have long hair or short hair....long hair get it wet all over bring a detangler and pull that sucker into a neat braid or a quick bun use hairspray takes five minutes not even..short hair...i dunno lol i have long hair so thats what i do when i gotta hurry get to work
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Maybe wash it then put it in a loose braid while it's still damp if it's long enough.
    If your hair doesn't get too "oily" looking when you sweat then forget washing it and pull it back into a sleep ponytail and top it with a cute headband.
  • K1Teacher
    K1Teacher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I would put it up in a bun after my workout. Goode sells those spiral bun holders and they work really well. I got some at Walmart. Anyway, that's what I'd do...

Good luck!
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    I know this may sound trivial to some but I am hoping someone out there can help me out. I have recently started working out midday at a gym in my office building. It's a great break for me during the day and I come back feel motivated and ready to finish out the day.

However.... the sweaty hair, fine for climbing the stairs at the gym but not the stairs of the corporate ladder....

There are showers at the gym and I usually hop in and freshen up but I dont have time to blow dry my hair (it would cut into my already mini workout). Even if I dont wash my hair when I shower my hair is still a sweaty mess... apparently I sweat alot.

Suggestions!?

It depends. If it's straight, a cool blowdryer and dry shampoo will do the job.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    In my long hair days I wore the bun or slick pony tail for my midday workouts (and I did work at a large corporation at the time in the corporate offices). Now days, I just go for short hair, a few finger fluffs and I am done (much easier riding the bike too) ;-)
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I have not used them, but plan on buying, the thick cloth headbands. from what I hear they absorb sweat nicely.
  • Frappuzzino
    Frappuzzino Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Put your hair in a bun after your workout, or use dry shampoo/baby powder.
  • MMillo
    MMillo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just saw an add for Tresseme's new dry shampoo. Allure gave it a thumbs up. Good for you on the working out and kick some butt climbing that ladder at work.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Dry shampoo. Amazing stuff, really!

this.
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Dry shampoo, or else baby powder! Dry shampoo is pretty much made of powder, and I have found that baby powder works just as well at a fraction of the price.
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I'd just pull it back into a messy bun, spray down the flyaways with some hairspray (or slick down w/ a bit of water) and call it good.
  • Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    This is what I do.... blow dry my hair as much as possible.... amazingly, somehow I am able to keep it styled (shrug).... but I am not too ashamed to walk around my office of white collars and ties with wet hair because I just came from a midday run. Actually, I am proud of it. =D
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    ahhh..thank you for posting this :) Dry Shampoo sounds like a NOVEL idea :-) I'm totally getting some...
  • crazycat828
    Options
    Good timing with the question.. how did you know that I just began doing twice weekly express workouts at the gym across the street from my work?

I find that if I put my hair in a ponytail and wear a baseball hat during the workout my hair doesn't get that sweaty.. also I alternate one day workout, the next day shower only at the gym.. repeat.

:-)
  • missbeccaanne
    Options
    I use the Mark Next Day spray, its great.