Moms over 30 years need to loose over 50lbs

Options
TicaKali
TicaKali Posts: 33 Member
edited October 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
When anyone supports you and motivates you is great, but when that person is having same struggles and with similar conditions/problems, you really feel that you are not the only one. I need to loose around 65 lbs and need more motivation. I just signed up in a gym So now what I need is to keep going.......I'll try to keep posting my improvements (lol) as much as I can daily/weekly.
If you are a mommie and needs to loose over 50 lbs join me in the journey. Let's do this together.....I need to achieve it this time. No more excuses (I don't want to have more) feel free to add me and share with me your experiences, recipes, motivational words/stories and whatever that helps to motivates achieving our goals......

Replies

• lrob87
    lrob87 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm a mom in her 30s, 2 toddlers, lost over 60 since my highest pregnancy weight, and have just under 50 to go.
  • jirish101
    jirish101 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom to a 1yr old and i have 125lbs left to lose. I'm down 36lbs now and still going. Feel free to add me.
  • daisyfields79
    daisyfields79 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm a single mom of a 3 year old and I'm 38
  • Aint2Proud2Meg
    Aint2Proud2Meg Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm a mom with about 70 to lose, but OP and I are already pals! ☺But anyone who wants to add me as well is welcome!
  • DivineLotus
    DivineLotus Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :smile: I am a mom. My two boys are 7 and 10. I am 37. I have been on here a long time, but I took a break when i was in grad school. Now I'm done with my masters and need to get back into eating healthy and losing weight. I could lose 50-60 pounds to be in the range for my height, I am 5'2". It seems daunting.
  • cheeky_girl_kat
    cheeky_girl_kat Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of three. My little guy just turned one and my girls are 10 and (almost) 3. I'm turning 35 in a couple months and have been over weight my entire life. I lost 75lbs after having my second baby brining me to my all time lowest weight of my adult life. And then getting pregnant with number three and throwing all my hard work out the window. So I've been back at it for the last ten months however the last three I've been slacking and playing up and down with the same ten pounds. I'm down 42lbs since giving birth but still have 15 to go to prepregnancy and 30 to my ultimate goal. I'd love to follow along and stay motivated with you all!
  • Pepsab
    Pepsab Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. Im a mum of 2 and my youngest is 6 so cant really use the excuse of baby weight. Ive been on MFP for nearly 4 months and ive lost 17lbs. I need to lose another 50lbs to hit my goal weight. I turned 30 this year and i dont really know what it was that motivated me to start my weight loss journey. One day i just said enough is enough. Im not following a diet im just learning about good food choices. I would say i am roughly 80% good 20% treats. Feel free to add me :smiley:
  • TicaKali
    Options
    I have been over weight my entire life as well...but now is my maximum number and I don't want to gain more. I have a 17 months old girl and 35 years. After giving birth I lost all my pregnancy weight in 1 week (awesome right?) after that, breastfeeding helped me a lot and I lost 10 more pounds and stock. I had a miscarriage when she was 14 months old and since that we stop breastfeeding....Goshhh I have gained since that moment 13lbs, it is incredibly how easily you gain weight (unstoppable
  • Chi2Vegas
    Chi2Vegas Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Looking for support as I rejoined. I need to lose around 40-50. I am taking my goals 20 pounds a time and readjusting when I meet that goal. I am a mommy of an ACTIVE 2 year old. I would love that we help each other.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    im a almost 40 year old mom. i use the term loosely, as im not one of these new agey hover and overprotective moms but a mom nonetheless. oldest is 19, the boy is 11.

ive lost 100. 50 more to go.
  • Kath713
    Kath713 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    38 year old mom here, one 5 yr old, one 18 months old. 30 pounds down over the past year and a half, trying to lose about 70 more. Would love more myfitnesspal friends!
  • TicaKali
    Options
    Chi2Vegas wrote: »
    Looking for support as I rejoined. I need to lose around 40-50. I am taking my goals 20 pounds a time and readjusting when I meet that goal. I am a mommy of an ACTIVE 2 year old. I would love that we help each other.

Mine is almost 18 months and is very active as well haha nice to meet you!
  • sakurajade
    sakurajade Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    1m 32 mum of a 8 and 6 year old and now a 12 week old need to lose 15kgs
  • auranya
    auranya Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Mum of 3 and need to lose 54lbs
  • cjfarborist
    cjfarborist Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I am 37 and have 40 more pounds to loose. I have a 17 year old and an 18 year old. I've been on and off mfp for years. It seems to be sticking this time.
  • kb1927
    kb1927 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You can add me too! I've been here on and off for years, but I'm pregnant with my last (will join my 6, 4, and 1 year olds), so I'm determined to make this stick this time! Due to some cervical issues, I can't exercise during pregnancy and I need a csection, so I'm trying to focus on eating well and not gaining a ton of weight for now. I can't wait to get to working out again this spring! I'm going to start with Strong Curves' bodyweight workout and go from there. By the end of this pregnancy, I'll need to lose over 100 pounds; my first goal is to get down 50.
  • shirgify
    shirgify Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm a 32 year old mom of two. A nine year old boy and five year old girl. My original goal was to try to get back to my approx. wedding weight and a healthy bmi. Nearly there now and rethinking my goals. Next is to get rid of some vanity weight as they say. Then on to maintenance for life. Feel free to add me!
  • Shemmy_Ashanty
    Shemmy_Ashanty Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am not a mom but I am mid 30s and want to lose some weight.

I stepped on the scale not so long ago and it read 193 lbs. I am 5ft 6 and I had stopped working out because I hurt my foot. I began cutting back the junk food and went down to 191 lbs.

A lady at my church told me about this tea called Iaso tea and my I drank it for one week and my weight went down to 188. I stopped with the tea because it was too expensive and my weight went back to 191.

I came across Intermittent fasting videos on YouTube where people were saying it helped them lose 50 lbs, 30lbs so I had to try it.

I have been doing Intermittent fasting since October 9th and my weight went from 191 to my current weight today November 13th 185.4. This is with no exercise.

Today November 13th with my foot better I did my first cardiovascular workout (Shaun T focus T25). I had this DVD set a while now. Comes with 10 DVD 25 minutes each. I am excited to see what happens with fasting and working out.

I also purchased the Toastmaster halogen oven on sale at Walmart in Canada for $49. It's great for you busy mom's and for me now eating healthier.

BEST OF LUCK TO ALL YOU MOM'S ON YOUR JOURNEY!!!
  • ayshakool
    ayshakool Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I turned 30 this year. I have 17 months old toddler. I am 5 ft. I was 161 pounds. I have lost 6 pounds so far. For now, I want to get to 140 pounds then reward myself with apple watch. My ultimate goal is 120 pounds. Somehow, i want to shed it all these 40 lbs in six months. Being short in height makes it difficult to lose more pounds since my tdee is 1720 and i could just do 1200 calories and that would mean that if i do lose 1 lb per week ideally then it will take me 10 months or more for sure
  • amberdaviswatson
    Options
    Please feel free to add me! I'm a 34yr old mommy of 2 girls (ages 6 & 3) and I need to get back on track! I weighed myself for the first time in months this morning and was shocked by what the scale said so today is the day I quit making excuses. I need to lose 65lbs but an starting with a smaller goal of 15 first. I'm looking for any nutrition and fitness motivation anyone is willing to give me! Good luck to everyone on their journey!