BUMP??

brooke5285
brooke5285 Posts: 20 Member
Okay so as I am reading a variety of different posts on here, I keep seeing people writing BUMP? Umm what does this mean??

10006816.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,085 Member
    I am glad some one else asked what does BUMP mean?
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    It's just a way for them to track the thread under 'My Topics'. In a standard online forum 'bump'ing causes the thread to move to the top because they are usually sorted by most recent reply.
  • People use it to "bump" the question to the top of the discussion list.
  • Nikkiairforcewife
    Nikkiairforcewife Posts: 164 Member
    It's just a way for them to track the thread under 'My Topics'. In a standard online forum 'bump'ing causes the thread to move to the top because they are usually sorted by most recent reply.

What he said.
  • Boo67
    Boo67 Posts: 43 Member
    Glad someone asked. Read responses, still don't understand. Sorree!
  • It's just a way for them to track the thread under 'My Topics'. In a standard online forum 'bump'ing causes the thread to move to the top because they are usually sorted by most recent reply.

What he said.

not just to "track" the thread. people use it so the question gets answered. if a question goes unanswered and gets buried to page two or three, it is likely that no one will ever read it and reply. so the bump puts it back to the top in the hopes that someone will read and respond.
  • Bellum24
    Bellum24 Posts: 106 Member

What he said.

Bahhahaaha so cute!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,307 Member
    92669ba8_bump.jpg
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member

What he said.

not just to "track" the thread. people use it so the question gets answered. if a question goes unanswered and gets buried to page two or three, it is likely that no one will ever read it and reply. so the bump puts it back to the top in the hopes that someone will read and respond.

I did say that it's also to move it to the top...but thanks for playing along!
  • Boo67
    So how do you do it?
  • alrighty then
  • hahahahaha I always thought it was like a kudo or high five. How wrong I was! :OD
  • cassondraragan
    cassondraragan Posts: 233 Member
    Is it the actual word "bump" that causes this to happen or is it just that fact that there is one more reply under the thread that causes it to go to the top of the list?
  • just the fact that someone replied is all that matters.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,894 Member
    Is it the actual word "bump" that causes this to happen or is it just that fact that there is one more reply under the thread that causes it to go to the top of the list?
    Any reply. But most people who bump the thread are looking for answers or responses.
  • Carl01
    So how do you do it?

It takes much training and practice...a BUMP gone wrong is an awful thing to see. eeek.gif
  • Boo67
    So do you just write BUMP at the top of your post?
  • Boo67
    Carl01, you are a wicked man & methinks you are extracting the urine.
  • Carl01
    Carl01, you are a wicked man & methinks you are extracting the urine.

I have to admit I have never heard that phrase before. ninja.gif
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,262 Member
    Glad someone asked. Read responses, still don't understand. Sorree!

Do you manage to get your shoes on the right feet most days Boo? It's a way of marking a post for your later attention