newbie alert!

Options
Misdy
Misdy Posts: 81 Member
Hi Guys,

I found MFP on apps on my iphone - what a nice surprise! A while back I was part of a badly run paid for service which had similar ideas and calorie log but not enough foods in the database which made calorie counting tiresome and time consuming :( Over the last 18months or so I lost around 12-13kgs but I've been on a plateau for a while now and still have 9-10kgs to lose. I'm partial to the odd (often!) wine which doesn't really help and my downfalls are always on the weekend with my family and boyfriend. I also love to cook!

I've been trying Lite N Easy for the past few months, which I really like because although I havn't really lost much weight I have maintained and I do feel pretty good within myself. At the moment I'm just doing dinners but I think I'll probably go back to the lunches again soon as I find having to choose what to eat each day is a major drama! lol

Anyway, I'd love to meet some new people and gain support and friendships while I'm here. My diary is open so I'm open to any suggestions or constructive criticism :) There is *a lot* of information on here and I find it a little daunting - feels like I'm back in high school!

Cheers,
Misdy :drinker:

Replies

• kristimaggard
    kristimaggard Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    looove it!!! Welcome!!! MFP is REALLY amazing!!! Good luck on your journey!!!!
  • moamcgoo
    moamcgoo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Misdy,
    My name is Maura and I'm a newbie too! I just started on myfitnesspal on Monday. I also found the app on my iphone and was thrilled. I used to use an internet-based calorie counter but it was annoying getting to a computer everytime I ate so I eventually gave up... This is so much easier because I always have my phone on me! Not sure what you're into for exercise, but another free iphone app is Runkeeper. I use it to track my distance/speed/calories when I run or walk or hike or ride my bike. It's really cool and great for counting calories!

Add me as a friend and we can egg each other on!!
    Maura :)
  • Twoody83
    Twoody83 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I just started and I love it!