300lbs!!!!

Options
I need help someone please help me! I'm 18 F 5'5" and 300lbs and I don't know what to do I lost 65lbs but regained :(:(:( I just don't know anymore I feel so helpless honestly. My doctors recommend bariatric surgery but I don't know about it....like that is so major and i read most people regain the weight so what would be the difference i already regained the weight!

Replies

• PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Do you have any serious health conditions associated with your weight? There are many many many people on MyFitnessPal who have lost 100+ lbs without surgery, myself included. I just started with a calorie goal and the foods I was already eating, and walking for exercise. As you go, you learn which foods are making it difficult to stay on track, and which foods are helping you meet your nutrition goals and which aren't, and make swaps and adjustments accordingly. Following specific diets never worked for me.
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    HellYeahItsKriss Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I too am interested in the back and forth..

I am also interested in knowing if you've been over weight your whole life or if this is weight you've been putting on over the last few years.
  • LifeinReboot2018
    LifeinReboot2018 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Been there and with the help of the app and support I have lost the weight. Give yourself a chance with it before considering surgery.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I too am interested in the back and forth..

I am also interested in knowing if you've been over weight your whole life or if this is weight you've been putting on over the last few years.

Welcome, newbie! :relaxed:
  • aintgonnahappen
    aintgonnahappen Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It's your body. You get to make the choices while you are still young. Right now you have one of those all important "life choices" in front of you. You can choose make your health a priority or not- entirely up to you. If you choose health then it becomes a step by step process, daily choices and enough self confidence to stand by the decisions you make. But most importantly, no one can do it for you. This has to come from within. I look forward to reading more about your journey. By the way, I've lost 50 pounds in the last six months- I don't really give a rat's tail about the number but I like the idea that I probably will live longer because of the heart healthy choices I'm making every day. Good luck to you and please be sure to post your progress.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Doctors recommend surgery like hairdressers recommend haircuts. You lose weight by eating less, consistently, and over time. Don't do it like last time. You have to get yourself a new lifestyle - a set of habits you don't want to quit, and a set of attitudes to go with them. Losing weight is so simple, but not always easy - you have to be smart and kind and firm and patient.

Follow MFP's recommended calorie goal, and eat food you like, and exercise moderately. It works, it just takes time and commitment and insight. Taking the necessary steps can be very empowering. Please stick around, participate in the discussions, soak up knowledge.