If I eat food at 12 am does that count as another days calories?

Options
Like say someone wants to eat a Lean Cuisine delicious pizza at 12 am do those calories count as today’s food?

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Wherever it fits. If I'm already at goal or over the day before, I put it on the day after because then I will factor it into that day's calories. If it fits the day before, fantastic because I get my full allocation of calories when I get up again.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Personal choice. I log wake to sleep - even if sleep comes after midnight.
  • Ashtoretet
    Ashtoretet Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Weight loss generally happens over the course of a week. It's better to think of your calories as an ongoing weekly total and the day goal is just a way to make tracking easier.
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I would log it on whichever of the days it fits my calories, I would even split it between the 2 days if thats what worked
  • MissyCHF
    MissyCHF Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Well, it's got to be one or the other, your choice. :)
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I think it depends on how you structure your food diary. Mine basically goes 6-10, 10-2, 2-6, 6-10. I don't eat anything after 10 PM, period, no exception. I suppose a rare exception might occur one of these days where I'm out for the evening. Then I would log it whereever it best fit. If the previous day's calories were done, I'd start on the new day.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    The daily format makes you feel like you have to eat N calories everyday when it is fine to borrow between days logging N - 200 today and N + 200 tomorrow. Looking at the logs independently it looks like you failed on both days but it was fine.
  • MNLannon
    MNLannon Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    It's up to you. I work overnights, so I log all my meals under the date I wake up and go to work - even though my lunch is normally eaten at around 3am the following day.
  • emmylootwo
    emmylootwo Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter. I personally just count my day as starting when I wake up and ending when I go to bed. Sometimes I'm up from 2pm to 7am, other times I'm up from 8am to 10pm. Whatever. Body doesn't know a difference.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Do you have calories left? Log them as today. Your body can't tell you "oh, this is another day".
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter. Just do it consistently the same way each time.