i ate SO much today

Options
...and now i feel like crap.
it's an amount that i can't possibly work off at the gym (unless I was on the eliptical for hours, and i just don't have that kind of time).

i had a banquet, and TRIED to plan ahead as to what i was going to eat (because i knew what food would be there), but that didn't work. i ate SO many crackers and cookies and cheese cubes. i logged everything I ate and it was almost enough for a WHOLE DAY of food.
i tried to make a light dinner, but it came in at more cals than i'd anticipated. and THEN i had a ginormous sweet tooth and gave into it with some dessert.

i'm going to the gym, but for only as long as I can.
i feel like everyday i tell myself "tomorrow will be better," but i feel like i'm telling myself that all too often. my self control is OUT of control. i just can't say no the majority of the time. i don't know what to do.

Replies

• abbylove08
    Options
    ...and now i feel like crap.
    it's an amount that i can't possibly work off at the gym (unless I was on the eliptical for hours, and i just don't have that kind of time).

i had a banquet, and TRIED to plan ahead as to what i was going to eat (because i knew what food would be there), but that didn't work. i ate SO many crackers and cookies and cheese cubes. i logged everything I ate and it was almost enough for a WHOLE DAY of food.
    i tried to make a light dinner, but it came in at more cals than i'd anticipated. and THEN i had a ginormous sweet tooth and gave into it with some dessert.

i'm going to the gym, but for only as long as I can.
    i feel like everyday i tell myself "tomorrow will be better," but i feel like i'm telling myself that all too often. my self control is OUT of control. i just can't say no the majority of the time. i don't know what to do.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I think you should really take a time out and decide why you want to lose weight and put your goals on paper as a constant reminder..also what may be a good idea is when your going to be in situations where the food is more than you can control..it would be best to eat prior to going and also drink 1-2 bottles of water...and really try hard to stick to only veggies and salads. Keeping your meat portions the size of your palm. For deserts stick to the 3 bite rule so you do not have to deny yourself......Always remember this is a plan for your life so even though you didnt pre plan what you would eat..once you map out your goals...those become your things to achieve and your reasons for eating sensible...and it really doesnt matter what food choices are in front of you at that point. Because your goals and promises to yourself are worth more....keep your goals on paper in your purse so you can read them when you feel defeated.:flowerforyou:
    Dont try to go to the gym and work off all you ate...working it off doesnt help what your feeling right now...and you will only be overworked and tired this week ...so start tomorrow fresh and do your normal routine.
  • beagle595
    Options
    I think you should really take a time out and decide why you want to lose weight and put your goals on paper as a constant reminder..also what may be a good idea is when your going to be in situations where the food is more than you can control..it would be best to eat prior to going and also drink 1-2 bottles of water...and really try hard to stick to only veggies and salads. Keeping your meat portions the size of your palm. For deserts stick to the 3 bite rule so you do not have to deny yourself......Always remember this is a plan for your life so even though you didnt pre plan what you would eat..once you map out your goals...those become your things to achieve and your reasons for eating sensible...and it really doesnt matter what food choices are in front of you at that point. Because your goals and promises to yourself are worth more....keep your goals on paper in your purse so you can read them when you feel defeated.:flowerforyou:
    Dont try to go to the gym and work off all you ate...working it off doesnt help what your feeling right now...and you will only be overworked and tired this week ...so start tomorrow fresh and do your normal routine.
    You're awesome! And I couldn't even think of anything to add to your reply. And Abbylove just get back on track. You can do it. :drinker: Salute to a new day, a new week. It's healthy Heart Month... so lets take care of ourselves first. :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • thisisamyo
    thisisamyo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Girl, you are not in this alone. I had my lil brother and sister visit me this weekend and because I knew it would mean a lot to them and give them great memories we went out to eat EVERY meal. I feel so terrible. And if I were to actually log everything I'm pretty sure it would cover at least two days.

It gets tough. That's so true. But don't give up. You can't really do too much about it, the damage is done. BUT, you can just keep trying. I've been on and off this site for at least a year now, just hang in there. Re-evaluate. Know that your value and worth will never depend on your weight but who you are. And get back up and fight that fat because you want to.

GOOD LUCK. I'm rooting and cheering you on!!!

amyo
  • msmonarae
    Options
    Tomorrow is a new day so put it behind you and start over... It happens to all of us but do not beat yourself up. :smile:
  • Nightdust
    Nightdust Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    It's my mom's bday tomorrow but we went to my grandma's tonight and boy did I over do it! Tomorrow.. ugh I'm scared to even think about it. Just keep working at it, that's why there is always tomorrow!
  • RhondieJFB
    Options
    Hi There... I too ate 1,350.00 more calories than I was supposed to. There is no excuse. I was setting 60 something up on a blind date and had to go with them to meet for dinner. I did pretty good at the rest. It was after that when we went back to my older friends place. Boy can she make a mean cheese cake and that's where I fell off. I knew exactly what I was doing while I did it. Today is a new day. For YOU tomorrow will be a new day. As the other lady mentioned.. really tune into yourself and remind yourself why you are doing this in the first place. DO NOT beat yourself up...... if you do... you will just eat all you want again tomorrow, but if you love yourself and tell yourself...... HEY..I am going to really put my own foot down here and today is a new day... NO EXCUSES for me..... then just eat like you know is right. Then keep on keeping on..... if you slip up..... Start again. Love yourself and know that this will happen from time to time.... .

I love the 3 bite rule the other lady spoke of..... I will use that.

The other thing you can do besides for eating before you go...... bring your own snack like 2 oz of Angel Cake, Fat free. 2 oz of that is quite a bit and it can satisfy that sweet tooth that I have too.

Good luck and I hope tomorrow you just allow yourself to feel good and make the choice to start again with thinking about yesterdayssss... :) I know YOU CAN DO IT!!
  • lorelai63
    lorelai63 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I went 750 calories over today too. But tomorrow I am going to make up for it. I am going to be super good to myself. Lots of fruits and vegiies and water. Dont beat yourself up just get up tomorrow and get going again!
  • lorelai63
    lorelai63 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I went 750 calories over today too. But tomorrow I am going to make up for it. I am going to be super good to myself. Lots of fruits and vegiies and water. Dont beat yourself up just get up tomorrow and get going again!
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I had a feast of cookie dough and icecream! Why? Boredom. I rationalized that because it was my Anniversary-PMS week I was allowed. So, now I feel sick. I actually went down and burnt off 715 cals, but am still way over...:grumble: Tomorrow is another day darlin', we have to hang in there, forgive ourselves and carry on... :wink: Don't beat yourself up..! JUST DON'T LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN!:laugh:
  • fitchick99
    fitchick99 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    It's not the end of the world, hun, we all have set backs, two steps forward, one step back, you're still a step ahead, I don't think your priorities are lacking or you're not serious, it happens to all of us, can't be perfect all the time, otherwise we'd be just damn annoying!
  • nwfamilygal
    Options
    Tomorrow is a new day and we all go over once in a while. :blushing: So get back on the horse you fell off of and feel good about yourself. Your the only one beating yourself up and were here to cheer you on to go on to the next day and leave today behind. Drink your water :drinker: Flush it out :laugh: and you won't remember how you felt today. Good Luck :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • abbylove08
    Options
    thank you.
    thank you.
    thank you.

all of you. you are right. tomorrow IS a new day. slip ups DO happen. and we learn from them and move on. i thought about why i'm doing this whole eating better thing and i feel re-vamped and ready to tackle a new week.

thank you again. this is one of the MANY reasons i love this site. the people are amazing!
    :heart: :heart: :heart: