Trying again during the holiday...

I have been using mfp for years but I'm a roller coaster and find it extremely hard to stay on the right track. Any tips from people who work very long hours and still maintain a good diet and excercise regimen..

Replies

• alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,725 Member
    Lutielu gives good advice. Take some time and plan out meals and shopping in advance. Know what you will eat each day - helps me avoid the convenience stores and fast food joints.
  • jaimestewart1980
    jaimestewart1980 Posts: 47 Member
    Make your streak so important that it drives you!
  • anjulajj
    anjulajj Posts: 148 Member
    Thanks guys! I am terrible at meal prepping and planning. Trust me it's pretty bad . I will definitely try harder at it because it is my down fall
  • joeyy888
    joeyy888 Posts: 17 Member
    Same here. But I buy easy to prepare foods, sometimes precooked stuff so I can just heat up easily.
  • karesejohnson
    karesejohnson Posts: 2 Member
    Green Smoothies. Just stock your freezer with frozen fruit and keep spinach and kale handy. Use water as your liquid base. It works for me. I even sneak spinach in my kids smoothies and they don't even know.
  • SoulOfALion5
    SoulOfALion5 Posts: 115 Member
    Yes, I think meal prep is important, only speaking from my personal experience on mfp. Mind you I'm no expert and have had a few bad weeks there of bad food choices and no exercise. Been back on track from last few days. Hope things go well and you achieve your goals.
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    If your short on time:
    1. Frozen veggies are your friend - they keep well. For variety you can buy the seasoned stuff or just the plain veggies with butter. Microwave and BAM! Done.
    2. Get a George Forman grill - 8 minutes and meat is perfectly cooked.
    3. small potatoes - adds bulk to your meal if you want a breather from veggies.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    If your short on time:
    1. Frozen veggies are your friend - they keep well. For variety you can buy the seasoned stuff or just the plain veggies with butter. Microwave and BAM! Done.
    2. Get a George Forman grill - 8 minutes and meat is perfectly cooked.
    3. small potatoes - adds bulk to your meal if you want a breather from veggies.

Great advice. I use frozen veggie steamers ALL THE TIME and keep a variety of sauces. I also recommend veggie burgers, even if you're not a vegetarian. Black bean burgers microwave in 2 min and taste great broken up over top of steamed veggies. Add some sweet and sour sauce/peanut sauce/steak sauce and boom- huge balanced meal with loads of fiber and protein.