GROUND TURKEY RECALL

Options

Replies

• WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Or you can kill the salmonella by cooking your turkey thoroughly and not worry about it.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    *spits out mouthful of raw ground turkey*
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    And I was going to serve room temperature Turkey Tartare this week. smiley-sad030.gif
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    This from yesterday.......

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/306440-be-careful-salmonella-found-in-ground-turkey

If your food handling, prep, storage and cooking is up to scratch you have nothing to fear
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    *spits out mouthful of raw ground turkey*
    :laugh:

*serious face on now* Stories like these are always a good reminder to use proper food handling practices.
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, this only applies to Ground Turkey, which is a subspecies, not to be confused with Air Turkey, Water Turkey, or the elusive Amphibious Turkey.
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options

*serious face on now* Stories like these are always a good reminder to use proper food handling practices.

Yes, this too.
  • PecanTanDiva
    Options
    Im just pissed they wouldnt give us the names, thanks a bunch for the report.
  • mistyaiken
    Options
    that's why im glad im a vegiterian :)
  • DragonSkip
    DragonSkip Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Yeah, since I'm not the only one that cooks with the ground turkey in my house and I'll be hosting guests next week I'm returning mine. Would never forgive myself if I did get someone sick, even though I'm careful and I've eaten turkey off the list every week since the first dates on the list. BAH. Maybe I can find some ground chicken or something.
  • DragonSkip
    DragonSkip Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Im just pissed they wouldnt give us the names, thanks a bunch for the report.

There's a 16 page pdf linked to the Cargill press release that have all brands and production dates. Here's a link to the press release http://www.cargill.com/turkey-recall/ honeysuckle white, kroger brand, fit&active, and several others are included.