Cravings!

Options
Okay so I finally got control of counting calories but now I have an issue. I do my 1300 cals during the day just fine but when night comes I get these cravings. I know I'm not hungry but I am dying to eat! Did anyone have this problem? Is there any advice? Please help.

Replies

• TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Save a few calories for the end of the day when you can snack on carrots or fruit :)
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    work out so you have to earn the calories you want to snack on.
  • Soulbird81
    Options
    Okay so I finally got control of counting calories but now I have an issue. I do my 1300 cals during the day just fine but when night comes I get these cravings. I know I'm not hungry but I am dying to eat! Did anyone have this problem? Is there any advice? Please help.

Could possibly be boredom? Or even thirst...just a thought because those are typically my issues when I am not hungry :0)
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I get this!
    I just dont no wat to do with myself and all i want to do is eat..
    I start by having a cup of tea.. Maybe even 2 cups of tea...
    And then i walk around a bit...
    And then only then do i let myself munch..
    But i like access the situation..
    I think i could much and have for example 4 digestive biscuits... Or instead i could have a sandwich..
    So make sure you use them munch calories wisely!!!
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    I do this. :-x I usually get a small spoon and get a little peanut butter and a little nutella. I let it sit in my mouth and I just eat at it slowly. Then drink a big glass of water. I *TRY* not to munch on junk. The PB and nutella usually help.
  • webdiva1
    webdiva1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    So for me, it was a matter of breaking a bad old habit.

You said you're not really hungry, right? Me neither ... I was just used to snacking throughout the evening because I did it for YEARS. Good news is, that meant it was all in my head (so to speak) ... which also meant it was controllable (though not always easy).

Discipline gets easier with practice ... so I encourage you to work hard to get your head around the fact that you're NOT going to eat, period. And remind yourself that if you give in, you're not going to be happy about it in a just a few minutes. :)

You can win this battle!
  • unhappy86
    Options
    Nice! that really helped. I'm trying to motivate myself to exercise and I gotta go shopping for better choices of food. I like the PB and nutella idea but I dont think I could handle just having 1 spoon lol I'd finish the container before I even notice! #nutella is awesome!
  • KristaWeiss
    KristaWeiss Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    are you saving a protein for diner? If you are not eating a protein at diner then you will start to crave food. You can always occupy yourself too, I play my hand held solitaire game. If I keep my hands busy and my mind busy then I don't think about food or eating anything.
  • Tess12513
    Options
    I have this same issue! I have found that sometimes, if I just make the kitchen off limits, the temptation is easier to handle. I know that I won't eat if I restrict myself from the kitchen after 8pm. Or, when I am done eating dinner or an after-dinner snack, I brush my teeth right away...It kind of tricks me into thinking my night is over...who really wants to floss, brush and rinse all over again, right?! That being said...It's still very hard and for me it has a lot to do with boredom and staying awake long hours to study. But, the more I resist...the easier it gets.
    Good luck :)
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I save about 100 calories during the day and plan an evening snack. I like those 100 calorie bags of popcorn or the 90 calore Fiber One bars.
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I've noticed I used to get the "munchies" when I'm not hungry in the evenings too. Seems that my couch is the culprit. Really. If I'm not sitting in front of the TV on my couch, the "munchies" don't happen. It's completely psychological; I was eating out of force of habit.

So, maybe it's a matter of revamping your evening routine. Do something differently. Sit somewhere else; do something else... etc.

I do eat a lot in the evenings, but now it's not munchies, it's hunger and needing to eat back some calories from my workout!!