Hola!! Need 2 lose 20lbs & I have no motivation, discipline or consistency. Your help is appreciated

Options
Hello beautiful people. I am struggling trying to lose weight. My motivation to hit the gym is suck *kitten* and the consistency and discipline is so not there. If I can get a couple of people to help me with this journey it will be much appreciated. I have a Fitbit too for any challenges. Thank you

Replies

• Mercuri02
    Mercuri02 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Don’t stop by and not say anything.
  • Greybeard51
    Greybeard51 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You have taken the first step in the process of getting fit by joining mfp. If you are having difficulty getting motivated to go to the gym, start out by walking some each day. Personally, I find getting outdoors either walking or riding my bicycle is more enjoyable than the gym. After you start to see results it's like a snowball rolling downhill and your motivation will increase. Then the gym will be more inviting and your fitness levels will increase.
    By carefully recording your caloric intake for everything you eat or drink you will most likely soon become aware of the fact that you eat more calories than you imagine. Exercise alone, is not the key to success. Think of your body as a computer... Garbage in equals garbage out. In other words, excessive calories equates to excess weight.

Good luck in your fitness journey.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    Just sent you a friend request
  • ballardf
    ballardf Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi Hun!! Please add me!
  • dwilliamca
    dwilliamca Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    You don't have to go to a gym especially if you have an aversion to it. That is only one approach. There are many ways to increase activity and do exercise even at home. MFP is based on calorie deficit through diet and therefore you can lose weight without doing any exercise, although I think most people find it helps to add on some extra exercise calories. Motivation comes from within and for me, seeing the weight coming off is enough to motivate me to continue on.
  • CHAOSrstNpeace
    CHAOSrstNpeace Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I find that motivation has to come from within. Find the reasons that you want to lose the weight and make it happen.

Das! Das riiight!!! I do that from time to time when i come back from work.
  • jaci66
    jaci66 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Mercuri02 wrote: »
    Hello beautiful people. I am struggling trying to lose weight. My motivation to hit the gym is suck *kitten* and the consistency and discipline is so not there. If I can get a couple of people to help me with this journey it will be much appreciated. I have a Fitbit too for any challenges. Thank you

You don't need a gym. Just get out and walk. If the weather is bad, walk inside. Put a movie on or your favorite music or even a youtube video to watch and just walk inside.

Calorie deficit is for weight loss. Eat less calories than you burn.

I am on Fitbit as well. I do challenges all the time.

If you need motivation, look in the mirror. Make a list and post it on the Fridge.

Feel free to add me.