Losing weight in time for my birthday??

Options
I'm 19 years old (female) standing at 5'7 and I weigh 209.5 lbs. Is it possible for me to get to 165 lbs by my birthday on 11th of February next year? I lost 4.4 lbs in the last week meaning my starting weight was about 214 lbs. Also please leave any helpful tips y'all may have, thank you! :)

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    44 pounds in under 3 months is too aggressive. At most you should be aiming for 2 pounds a week after the initial water weight loss, and even that could be too quick.
  • dwilliamca
    dwilliamca Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Congrats on deciding to make a change. As others have said your birthday goal is too aggressive and not realistic. You want to lose weight and stay healthy at the same time. However, 20-25 lbs. in 3 months is possible, so perhaps you can make a mini-goal for yourself and allow about 6 months for the total goal. Your first week is not representative of how much you'll lose in the future as in the beginning you lose a lot of water weight first. Then as your body gets smaller you require fewer calories and most people start losing less per week than they do the first few weeks. Weight loss is not linear.
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Then what happens aftee your birthday. Be realistic
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    zoekravitz wrote: »
    I'm 19 years old (female) standing at 5'7 and I weigh 209.5 lbs. Is it possible for me to get to 165 lbs by my birthday on 11th of February next year? I lost 4.4 lbs in the last week meaning my starting weight was about 214 lbs. Also please leave any helpful tips y'all may have, thank you! :)

No. But im just curious how you know you lost 4.4 lbs but your only guessing on your start weight based on t he loss your sure of. what?
  • elizabethbettycooper
    elizabethbettycooper Posts: 38 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I'm not guessing my start weight, 214 was the start weight. I go to the gym everyday and do high intensity cardio for 45 minutes plus strength training after and follow a calorie deficit plus I'm vegetarian on the weekdays. @JaydedMiss
  • elizabethbettycooper
    Options
    @merzback I wasn't going to stop, ofc I'm going to keep going im just wondering if it was possible that's all.
  • elizabethbettycooper
    Options
    @dwilliamca thank you, that makes a lot of sense
  • elizabethbettycooper
    Options
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    If you'd started 4 months ago it would definitely be possible.