Cyclists

Options
I have Whyte 908 hard tail mountain bike and a liv hybrid. My love of cycling has been rekindled this year. I've clocked up 21thousand km in snowdonia and Peak Districk ( UK) and now I am 3 stone lighter, faster, and love a hill challange!!

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Wow, that is some hilly riding; beautiful scenery though.

Cheers, h.

Oops, forgot to say- excellent work losing 3st B)
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Well done!
    Losing 3 stone certainly puts buying expensive carbon wheels for weight saving into perspective. :)

You should join the monthly cycling challenge thread....
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10612573/november-2017-biking-cycling-bicycling-challenge#latest
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,895 Member
    Options
    Well done!

Do come visit the link sijomial posted.

And there's also a Cyclists thread going here:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10610115/cyclists#latest
  • kev1nn
    kev1nn Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I think your ready for a road bike, ditch the hybrid, dropped handlebars and cleats will make life easier.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    kev1nn wrote: »
    I think your ready for a road bike, ditch the hybrid, dropped handlebars and cleats will make life easier.

Years ago i had a road bike. Ditched it because a mountain bike was safer to ride to work. 25c ties don't like soft shoulder. Sometimes a cager would force me into the soft shoulder. :D
    Now I live in an area where there is no safe way to ride a bike to work.
  • suzjmac
    suzjmac Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have experience of a cyclecross bike? I am thinking of changing from a hybrid to a cyclecross for easier surface off road endurance training, and keeping my hardtail mounntain bike for the 'fun and bumpy' off road.
    Suz