Super Sweet Tooth???

Options
I looooovvveee chocolate. I seem to always be craving it.
Help!!!!!!

Replies

• superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Have a square of Dark Chocolate. It is good for you!
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    same here...I want some now!
  • birdlover97111
    birdlover97111 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    You're body is probably low on magnesium...I would look into a supplement...
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I have lost over 20 lbs and I have not given up chocolate. Here are my favorites:
    cocoa roasted dark chocolate almonds (100 calorie pack)
    vitatops in deep chocolate
    skinny cow ice cream
    hunts sugar free chocolate pudding
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options

Unless it's a trigger food.
    If you can have one or two pieces of chocolate. work it into your diet (as long as the rest of your food is good solid nourishment.)

But if it sets you off and you've got to finish a 3 lb bakers bar of the stuff, you might want to think about cutting it out for 3 weeks and see if you can do a chocolate detox.

I sure hope for your sake it IS NOT A TRIGGER FOOD.
    Good Luck
  • MrsPike07
    MrsPike07 Posts: 160
    Options

Easier said then done....lol :) I personally dont care for dark chocolate. I always want Reeses or something horrible. Not sure if thats the case here. I constantly crave sweet things...drives me nuts! Today when I craved I chugged water and that actually seemed to help! Although sometimes I cant resist the cravings and I go for Fiber One 90 calorie pb & chocolate bars, super yummy! Best of luck!!
  • uvagirl24
    Options
    I won't give up sweets...life is too short. Skinny Cow now makes some dark chocolate 'turtle' candies. They are a great little snack! Also, I love skinny cow ice cream sandwiches and weight watchers giant fudge bars (they are like brownies on a stick). I also love the 100 calorie packs for an afternoon snack (choc covered pretzels, etc).
  • lewis960
    Options
    ME TOO! Sometimes, when I want something chocolate-y I blend the following together:

1. Sugar Free /No Sugar Added Chocolate Syrup
    2. Vanilla Extract
    3. Splenda
    4. Sugar Free /No Sugar Added Maple Syrup
    5. Skim Milk
    6. Tons of ice

Sometime I also add a little chocolate protein mix; this helps it thicken up. The maple syrup helps the ice and such blend /stick together. It actually turns out similar to ice cream.
  • amberray4307
    Options
    You should really try fiber one brownies. They are so good and only 90 calories! I usually have one at night for a snack with a glass of milk cause thats when I crave sweets. Good luck!!
  • penny39
    penny39 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I am a diabetic and my doctor says I am addicted to sugar. That has been hardest and most important thing to break and I haven't done it yet.
  • lewis960
    Options
    "Easier said then done....lol :) I personally dont care for dark chocolate. I always want Reeses or something horrible. Not sure if thats the case here. I constantly crave sweet things...drives me nuts! Today when I craved I chugged water and that actually seemed to help! Although sometimes I cant resist the cravings and I go for Fiber One 90 calorie pb & chocolate bars, super yummy! Best of luck!!"

I do this exact same thing!!! First I chug water, lol, and it that doesnt work, I savor a Fiber One 90 Calorie Bar. Those things are amazingly good!
  • fireyes
    fireyes Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am the exact same way. Milk chocolate all the way! Especially chocolatey desserts like brownies and cookies and...I should stop talking now.

I find that I have less of a chocolate/sugar craving when I've had plenty of fruit and water that day. (My cravings are almost invariably at night.) I think the natural sugars from fruit help keep me from wanting the artificial sugars of chocolate. I'm not sure why water works, but it's just a definite correlation I've noticed.

Hope this helps!