Adderall

Options
A few years ago, I was diagnosed with ADHD and was prescribed Adderall. I recently switched to Adderall XR (extended release capsules) and I have been finding that it really interferes with my eating. It completely demolishes my appetite and at times the thought of eating food is almost nauseating because I feel so not-hungry. Usually, it isn't too much of a problem... However, it's days like today that really concern me. It's 9pm and I am still short 1000 calories! Yes, I did go for a run this morning, but I feel like it is so unhealthy to be that shy of my calorie total! Is there anyone else out there that has this problem? If so, what do you do about it?

Replies

• MrsGriffin67
    MrsGriffin67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Danahimself
    Danahimself Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Meditation
  • shelli1982
    shelli1982 Posts: 133
    Options
    It can really be a problem and doesn't always go away.... it might be worth asking your Dr about Vyvanse or Concerta, sometimes being on a different extended release drug can work for some people.... not speaking from experience but i'm a Pharmacist and i've had some patients have success with trying a different form of ADD med and not get the anorexia.... good luck!
  • carolinedb
    carolinedb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I had this problem with adderall years ago, and I am about to start taking it again. I found that I had to up my portion sizes when I was hungry and also drink some calories through Gatorade, Arizona tea, milk, etc.
  • dannylives
    dannylives Posts: 611
    Options
    I'm totally having that problem right now!