I feel like crying please help

Options
I weigh 243...workout 2-3 hours 6 days a week... my calorie goal is 1620...not including exercise calories...I eat around 1400 cals a day and I'm not loosing. My friend who works out 1 hour a day is loosing more than me and she eats fun stuff. Please help. Tonight I ate out of frustration (still managed to stay around 1400, but I feel like crap) but usually I try to stay between 1200 & 1400.

Please tell me how to loose weight.

Replies

• kiki75243
    kiki75243 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Don't cry, have you been taking your measurments because even if the scales is not moving you may be losing inches? And also did you read about eating your exercise calories you may not be eating enough. Also how are you doing on your sodium and carbs it may be easier to help you if you open your diary. But be patient it'll come off!!! :)
  • TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    If your calorie goal is 1600 how come you're not eating 1600?
  • _eislek_
    _eislek_ Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    What is your workout? What are you eating? I'm sorry you haven't started seeing the progress you want yet but by looking at your signature you've already lost 2 lbs in less than a week and a half. That's great :)
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    you might not be eating enough.....good luck
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you aren't eating enough. Your body needs a certain number of calories for normal everyday fuel plus extra for fuel to work out. Try eating more protein and more calories (not junk food calories) and see if that works.
  • theba2il
    theba2il Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Don't cry, have you been taking your measurments because even if the scales is not moving you may be losing inches? And also did you read about eating your exercise calories you may not be eating enough. Also how are you doing on your sodium and carbs it may be easier to help you if you open your diary. But be patient it'll come off!!! :)
  • PrfctGdess
    PrfctGdess Posts: 257
    Options
    Without more info, my gut reaction is you're not eating enough calories. Read this for some great info:

http://fitnesswithnatalie.blogspot.com/2011/05/most-dreaded-word-in-weight-loss.html
  • darkdestiny7
    Options
    Honestly it sounds to me like your not eating enough. I tried eating too little and I didn't lose anything until I upped my calories a bit. Sounds counter productive I know but if your starving yourself you wont lose. You need to fuel your body to support that kind of exercise. Maybe open your food journal so we can have a look?
  • betty51
    betty51 Posts: 52
    Options
    You need to eat ALL of the daily calories and your ex-calories too. Your body thinks it starving so it 's holding on to the pounds . I had the same problem ... hope this helps you .
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are ot eating enough! I'm not one to swear you need to eat your exrcise calories ( I didnt and it didnt really affect me at all) but I think you shoudl atleast try to eat your minimum amount. Why not give it a try for a couple of weeks and see if that helps. Dont compare yourself to your friend, everyone is different. Is she built the same as you (height/weight)?
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you aren't eating enough. Your body needs a certain number of calories for normal everyday fuel plus extra for fuel to work out. Try eating more protein and more calories (not junk food calories) and see if that works.

totally agree... and youre working out too much... your net needs to be 1600...if you dont eat enough your body will hang onto what it gets...
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    When you workout are you doing both strength training and cardio? If you're doing strength training then you may be building muscle which takes up less space than fat. You may want to start taking measurements. Even if your weight loss is technically slower than you want it to be if the inches are coming off then you're doing okay.
  • changeisgood55
    Options
    How frustrating that has to be for you. But remember we are all different. Your friend maybe burning those calories way quicker than you. I knew someone who had to eat a lot everyday or she would lose too much weight. Gee, what a problem! Stick with what you're doing but maybe change things up a bit. Keep your body guessing with workouts and food. Just don't give up. You will see a difference soon. Hang in there!!
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Eat your 1620 and hang in there, the first few weeks are always the hardest!
  • kaitlynbiehler
    kaitlynbiehler Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I don't know that much about it all (still figuring it out myself) but it seems to me you're not eating enough. I know, I know, it's super counter-intuitive. There are tons of posts on here that talk about it. If you don't eat enough, your body will go into starvation mode (thinking that food source is scarce) and it will turn what you eat into a long lasting source of energy (FAT) and burn a quicker source of energy (muscle). Have you calculated your BMR?
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I cannot see your diary but if you are working out 2-3 hours a day and are only eatting 1200-1400 I would say you are not eatting enough.

Are you sure you are getting enough water? Based on your weight you should be getting around 16 cups per day.
    (Take your weight/2= total ozs needed) divide that number by 2 and that gives you how much you need!

I know we are all different but when I was stuck at 210 was when I found MFP......when I started eatting the 1200 plus 30% of my exercise calories I started to lose about 2 pounds per week. When I hit a plateau again at 180 pounds I started eatting 50% of my exercise calories and now I am down to 162. Your body needs the fuel.

Again we are all different, for me getting additional water, increasing my protein, and intake.....I started to lose.....and continue to lose......I don't eat any diet foods really.....I eat normal stuff and just portion it out.....

3 meals a day and snacks in between......

Hope that helps...again I am not an expert and don't claim to be, as we are all different!!!!

Best of Luck and don't give up!!!!!!
  • treehugginpam
    treehugginpam Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Like they said, believe it or not, you need to eat more! Check out this calorie calculator:

http://www.healthyweightforum.org/eng/calculators/calories-required/

I'm not sure how tall you are, but I used your weight and a height of 5'7 and said you were moderately active and it said you should be eating about 1900 calories to lose a pound and a half per week...
  • tcheryl
    tcheryl Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    it totally stinks when you try and try and don't feel like anything is working. eating what you want out of frustration is ok every once in a while but get back into thinking you can do this!! i wish the weight would fall off easily but it sure doesn't!!
    good luck and keep on trying.
  • theba2il
    theba2il Posts: 548 Member
    Options

I agree. (((buttahbaby))) Sorry about the dbl post. 1st time I've quoted. Hang in there and keep on keeping on!!
  • ccckwalk
    ccckwalk Posts: 262
    Options
    If your calorie goal is 1600 how come you're not eating 1600?

When you work out hard you have to refuel your body. I would say make sure you are eating the right foods and enough of them. Eat your net calorie goal each day and that should help you out! If you want me to look at your diary I would gladly do it! Don't get too hard on yourself!! ~Corina