I feel like crying please help

Options

Replies

• woja9640
    woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I have too many hints and tricks to help. I think the problem maybe that you are not getting your NET calories close to or equal to 1400.

Net calories are the calories you consumed AFTER your work out. This means say your goal is 1400. You eat 1400. You work out and burn off 450. This means your NET calories is 950. Way too little. The human body needs at least 1200 to work properly. Your body has been thorwn into starvation mode. Which means your body is storing the food as fat and not burnign it off. Hope this helps.

Here's a link to my blog: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/woja9640 where you can find recipes and hints.
  • onmywaytoskinny155
    onmywaytoskinny155 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Go ahead and cry then get up tomorrow and eat more calories for an entire week. I think you will be happy
    At the end of that week.
  • XxBri22xX
    XxBri22xX Posts: 183
    Options
    Try and eat about 1400 a day and then slowly work your way down to 1200 a day. Thats about how much I eat and I lose about a pound a week. You need to get in some exercise. Go work out with your friend or just go for about a 30 min walk a day. You need about 30 mins of exercise each day. Drink lots of water as well. About 6-8 cups a day. Stay away from sodas and coffee. Make sure you're not just paying attention to your calorie intake but everything else as well. Cut down on sodium and sugar. Those are killers. Don't deprive yourself of foods you want. Eat what you want just in moderation. I find myself able to eat whatever I like and stay under my calorie goal as long as I only eat the serving size. Don't cry and don't give up. You can do this!
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I started here at 242 and can tell you from experience you NEED to eat all your calories. You should be eating back exercise calories as well but at the very minimum if you get 1600 calories before exercise EAT THEM. Then if you work out and burn 400 more, you should eat some/most of those. You WILL lose weight that way.

One year and 71lbs later I can tell you that I still eat almost all my exercise calories back and haven't hit a single plateau.
  • meowmily
    meowmily Posts: 85
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your frustrations :( but I would suggest increasing your calories. My starting weight was 270 and I'm currently at 251. I was eating 1500 cals a day and my weight was going down, quickly at first but then very slowly. One day a trainer at my gym told me to up my calories to 2000 (apparently someone my weight and height burns that much naturally and it's very important to eat the calories you burn). Well, I was a tad nervous about doing this so I made a deal with her and increased my calories to 1970 (which on here is requesting a 1 1/2 pound loss per week) since then I lost ten pounds rather quickly and am currently eating 1910. Plus I always make sure to have some extra calories in the form of a good protein shake after a workout. :) In conclusion, I would take the 1620 suggestion and see how that works. Hope this helps, good luck!
  • lewis960
    Options
    I agree, you may be actually eating to few calories; and maybe too many cabs and sodium. Also, do you take any medications? As many people know meds definitely help weight gain, but they often get in the way of loosing weight as well. I have a dear friend who weighs similar to you, and works out just as much as you say you do...but she just doesnt loose weight as easily as others. I understand through her, what you must be feeling, and I am sorry. I think as long as working out and eating right makes you feel good, then loosing weight it merely just an extra bonus.
  • krazzybebe03
    krazzybebe03 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I agree with the not eating enough. Also how often are you eating? There is a huge difference in eating 5 to 6 small meals throughout the day and just consuming your calories in 2 or 3 sittings. Also water, water, water!!! If you get bored of plain water throw some citrus in such as lemons, limes, or orange slices.
  • ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else....your 1620 allowance already includes a deficit so if you are exercising a lot on top of that you are in severe deficit. You need to eat at LEAST the 1620 plus some exercise cals depending on what you are doing. What do you do for 2-3 hours a day in your workout?
  • buttahbaby
    buttahbaby Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Wow, now I know Im going to cry ;0) .... your support is AWESOME!!! Thank you, Thank you, I just get frustrated when I bust my butt and don't see the results. But you guys just gave me a big extra boost. I so needed this tonight. Thanks for letting me vent. Tomorrow will be a better day.
  • morrowsarah
    morrowsarah Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Make sure that you are eating all your calories, even at least 75% of your exercise calories. Take your measurements....arms, hips, chest, stomach, legs. I weigh 186 and my net calories are 1200 but with exercise calories added in I usually eat 1600-1700 calories a day. And I don't always eat healthy stuff either. I'm not sure what kind of exercise you are doing but you could be gaining muscle and that might be why you aren't seeing a big weight loss on the scale! Just be patient you will start to see results.
  • buttahbaby
    buttahbaby Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba, strength training, step, swim, kickboxing, turbo kick
  • kimsue123
    kimsue123 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Try this: make sure you get at least 7 hours of sleep per night, drink 8 glasses of water, eat fruits and vegetables daily, walk 10,000 steps per day as evidenced by the number on a pedometer, don't drink any soda at all, log all your calories and remember most people underestimate the number of calories they are eating-they misjudge portion size and forget to add in all condiments. Eat small meals every few hours. Pack your meals so you will stay away from restaurants. Continue to do your normal exercises/workouts but add a 30 minute walk to your day.
  • Oliya
    Oliya Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Looks like you are actually on track (looking at weight lost)! I have been on here (and doing my best to lose weight) for about 17 days now, and the first week-week and a half were the hardest because it seemed like nothing was happening. Slowly but surely, I'm actually starting to see progress (and others are starting to notice too!)- it just doesnt happen as fast as we would like. Just keep working at it, and don't give up- you can do it!
  • FrancesGallagher
    FrancesGallagher Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You joined MFP in July ?? This is only a few days into August and you are probably trying too hard. If you have already lost 3 pounds in less than a month then you are doing something right and it will take some time. That much working out does sound excessive to me, do you really need that much exercise ?? Try to be kinder to yourself, you didn't gain the weight overnight and you won't lose it over night. Don't compare your progress with your friend, everyone is different. Besides if you lose weight too quickly it isn't healthy. Keep up your courage, you can do it, keep up with your food diary, this is a great learning tool. You can do this, good luck in your program. FG
  • laureneva15
    Options
    I gained 0.5kgs this week. I've been to the gym 5 times since last Wednesday. Half hour of cardio and weights.
    However I still lost a cm at my waist and on my thighs, maintained all other measurements tho. And according to this other website I use I lose 1% Body Fat.
    It's not all about what the scale says, it's about how you feel and how you're progressing non-scale wise. The scale lies and is only one way to measure your progress. Do not get hung up on what it says.
    Read this article, it's really good.
    http://www.healthdiscovery.net/articles/scale_lies.htm
    Hope this helps you and encourages you to keep at it
  • mellymink
    mellymink Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Aww, try not to feel too down! My sister was having the same issue you're describing. She was working out like crazy and wasn't losing, until she realized she wasn't eating enough. Once she adjusted her intake and started allowing herself to eat how she normally would, but in moderation, she started to lose again. And she found herself with much more energy. I have faith you'll start losing, don't give up! I agree with other posters, and I don't know about you but I LOVE to eat, so I always eat my exercise calories :) Hang in there!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Hang in there, you are making some great changes and this will pay off.
    But, it sounds like you may have gone to extremes with exercising too much and not eating enough. Our bodies are funny things, they don't always react as we think they might. You would think that eating less should equal more weight loss - well it doesn't always work that way. I'd suggest cut your exercise back to an hour a day with one rest day a week, make sure you eat ALL you daily calories plus at least some of your exercise calories and you will probably be pleasantly surprised to see the results.
  • Kym1610
    Kym1610 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    My advise would be stay away from the scales for the first 4-6 weeks. During this time your body is adjusting to a new routine, different/limited foods and more water. It will happen for you just try not to pay to much attention to the scale, or atleast not JUST the scale!
  • KrissyChefBaby
    KrissyChefBaby Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Eat more. everyone else has said that on here but just to stress it. You should try it out. Still make wise choices but your body may be storing everything because you're burning so much more than your feeding it. This is not supposed to be a quick process so don't try to make it into one or you are setting yourself up for failure.

Also try switching up your workouts so your body doesn't get too used to one set routine. That's the P90x theory I believe so give it a shot

I also read that breaking up your workout into 2 instead of one helps your metabolism [just recently read that. I dunno how true it is]

Good luck. Cry if you must but wake up prepared to try new things
  • kdm97
    kdm97 Posts: 111
    Options
    I understand how you feel, I was feeling that way earlier in the week. But maybe you are not eating enough. Increase your calorie intake but increase it with healthy foods like veggies, and fruit. I hope you see the results you want soon.