Just eating for calories

Options
Some days I feel like I am just eating food to fill my calories. I don't feel hungry and I know I have to eat something but I don't want to just eat to get my numbers up. Then exercise calories get added on and that makes it even more difficult to get them in.

How do you get the calories in when you don't want to eat??

Replies

• TheRealKimpo
    Options
    I make a fruit smoothie with almond milk. I put all kinds of fruit in it and those calories really add up. Not to mention it's super healthy and delish!
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    I haven't had that problem yet. I always come in just under my net calorie goal, but I am ravenously hungry after I work out.
  • clrrrr
    clrrrr Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Nuts, avocado, add extra olive oil to your dinner...healthy fats
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I usually eat something higher in cals, like nuts, seeds, or avocado.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Larger portions throughout the day. A little bigger breakfast, a little bigger snack, a little bigger lunch, etc.
  • loveofabullet
    Options
    Do not count the exercise calories.
  • thurberj
    thurberj Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I'm so tired from playing tennis in the heat that I'm not hungry either! I know exactly how you feel. I will probably have a protein shake with milk to use up some of the calories. Frankly, today I don't care!!
  • ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Larger portions throughout the day. A little bigger breakfast, a little bigger snack, a little bigger lunch, etc.

This!!! plus maybe add some higher cal snacks...peanut butter or almonds are higher cals.
  • heather3879
    heather3879 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I like having the exercise calories because that allows a treat for me! I like Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches or some sorbet. The hard part is trying not to eat too late!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Simple put... plan ahead and higher calorie foods. I have no issue eating 3000 calories due to this.