P90X - Yoga X

Options
nyy03
nyy03 Posts: 652 Member
Can anyone give me any suggestions on what to replace yoga x with. Ive tried and tried to do it, I get bored and really don't like the exercise at all. I've tried a couple of times to just run on the treadmill but that's interfering with my training for the half. It's a 90 minute video, should I be doing 90 minutes of exercise? Please help.

Replies

• allijoy13
    allijoy13 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have no advice, but I also dread yoga day! I don't really have 90 minutes in a row to exercise. Maybe just try another yoga DVD?
  • alischaid
    alischaid Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Me too! I replace it with Kenpo.
  • carolinedb
    carolinedb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I have tried P90X yoga and it's not my thing. However, I LOVE yoga outside of Tony Horton's setting. I would try a 90 minute vinyasa or flow class.
  • dyiaane
    dyiaane Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    The P90X yoga is really bad. I went to the gym and did Pilates instead. If you have any other yoga or pilates DVDs I would do that.
  • 3aBadkids
    Options
    Me and Yoga don't mesh well. I just can't get into it... I replace it with either Cardio X or Plyo.
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    If you want to replace with different Yoga, try - Bob Harper: Yoga for the Warrior

Otherwise, just pick any exercises that you like. Time doesn't matter, 30 min, an hour.
  • lisahightower2
    Options
    Wow, is it really that bad?

I'm not doing P90X currently - but REALLY want to! I'm obsessed with their infomercial. :)
  • dreanance
    dreanance Posts: 246
    Options
    I went to a 90 min yoga class on yogax days. I HATE HATE HATED tony's "yoga" but love almost any other form.
  • atomdraco
    Options
    I went to a 90 min yoga class on yogax days. I HATE HATE HATED tony's "yoga" but love almost any other form.

Totally agree: his yoga x sucks :-)
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Wow, is it really that bad?

I'm not doing P90X currently - but REALLY want to! I'm obsessed with their infomercial. :)

I never did Yoga before P90X and loved it afterwards. It never did the full 90 minutes. I would go up until the balance poses. Tony has another one called Fountain of Youth from the One on One series and from what I hear it is much better (and shorter).

If you do decide to purchase P90X, do so from beachbody.com or one of their coaches. Any other means you just won't know what you are getting.

Hope this helps.
  • nyy03
    nyy03 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Thanks, maybe I'll give yoga another try but not the p90 version. I do like pilates but I may just stick to another DVD right now.
  • allijoy13
    allijoy13 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I never thought of supplementing it with a class from my gym. That's a great idea! If only my yoga day fell on Saturdays, there's a great class I used to attend before P90X ;)
  • atomdraco
    Options
    BTW, Tony's stretch DVD sucks too, in my opinion. There are far more better DVDs out there to do stretching.
  • bnguyen613
    Options
    There is a 45 minute "Fountain of Youth Yoga" by Tony Horton on his One on One with Tony series you may want to consider checking out. Especially when crunched for time, this yoga is faster and still is a good workout (and has a nice limbering effect).

Hope it's helpful!