• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Have you thought of using C25K?
  • mumofbae
    mumofbae Posts: 31 Member
    Options

I started with it but I found I was walking to much and kept skipping the slow walk
  • CILLAJ8
    CILLAJ8 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Aim for 3 days a week with a rest day in between if you're just starting out. I'm currently using the C25K app and I love it. I'm on week 7.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Put 1 foot in front of the other. Do it slower if you're having a hard time, a bit faster if you're feeling good. Rinse and repeat.

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I only run once or twice a week and that's fine with me. I don't get overuse injuries that way, and I have time for other non-running fitness activities. B)
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    mumofbae wrote: »

I started with it but I found I was walking to much and kept skipping the slow walk

if you are more advanced but aren't running a solid 30 minutes, you can advance to later weeks in the program.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    mumofbae wrote: »
    Any advice? I'm on my third week but only managed two runs each of those weeks

Invest in good shoes, they will be critical to your performance and injury avoidance. I recommend going to a local runners' store, having the salesperson evaluate your arch, form and running gait, buying the marked-up shoes from them as a courtesy, and then when they wear out you can just order the same brand and model cheaper online.