Doubling up workouts, Safest way?

Options
Hello everyone! I joined an August group challenge on some DVDs, & am very excited to finish this for the 1st time!. Monday was the first day, & I didn't have access to them so I got ~800cal burn w/ other activities so I wasn't slacking. Yesterday I went straight from work to meet w/ my mom & didn't come home until midnight (=no workout.. Unless u can count a 4hour emotionally draining mother convo as a burn? Lol). SO, I'm 4 workouts behind, not including the 2 scheduled for today. I need to meet my mini goal of 4-6lbs by Sunday. Can anyone plz recommend the safest way to catch up & meet my goal w/out tearing up my body?

Starting workout #1, I'll check this after. Thx so much I really appreciate it!

Replies

• aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Don't look at it as being behind. But if you must, try working out once in the morning and once in the afternoon.
  • Dave351
    Dave351 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Once the time is lost it is lost. You can't make up missed workouts. However, I agree with Superman! An AM and a PM workout would work:)
  • Gettinfit2
    Gettinfit2 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Cardio in the morning
    Strength training at night.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Unless you're 200+ lbs, your goal of 4-6lbs is unrealistic. That would be a burn of 14,000 to 21,000 calories to burn off 4-6lbs of fat.
    While doing the sessions once in the morning and once in the evening would help catch you up, I would advise resetting your actual goal.
  • AshjMusik
    AshjMusik Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Awesome, thank u all!!
  • cswinney36
    Options
    Cardio in the am on an empty stomach, strength at night.
  • Dave351
    Dave351 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Cardio in the am on an empty stomach, strength at night.

You should never work out on an empty stomach!