Prayer Request 2

Options
theyoginurse
theyoginurse Posts: 82 Member
edited November 2017 in Motivation and Support
Prayer is a beautiful, as well as essential, way to ask for help and blessings. I feel it helps with health- emotionally and physically, weight loss, and goals. I wanted to make this a thread for prayer requests. It is a thread where you can write down whatever is ‘weighing you down’ or ‘weighing heavily on your heart’. Or whatever you’re thankful for. Anything like that!

Right now I need it. Please pray for me, my mom and dad, as we are going through a difficult time. My mom is suffering badly from pain. She can’t walk and needs a total knee replacement. My dad has a bad addiction problem and just can’t seem to stay stopped or get help. I need to ask for time off from my job to take care of my mom and be there for her through surgery/recovery. I mentioned it to my HR Representative today. I am afraid of retaliation at my job.

This is one of those things that is weighing so heavily on me, but I refused to eat over it. I tracked on MFP. I am thankful for this app. and community. I am determined to stay strong for my home.

Thank you, and may God bless you for your special prayers! If you’d like to join in, please do. I hope my idea of this thread doesn’t offend anyone.

Replies

• klkc2005
    klkc2005 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry that you are going through this. My faith is very important to me and is essential to who i am and is essential to my overall health-spiritual, emotional, physical. You are in my thoughts and prayers. If you would like to add me as a friend, please feel free to do so.
  • dsromp
    dsromp Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    The fact that you are reaching out proves how strong you are. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. You are so busy taking care of your family, don’t forget to take care of yourself. It is the best gift you can give yourself AND them. I use an app called: Calm, it is a meditation app and doesn’t require a lot of time, but can help you when you are struggling. I have trouble relaxing and it takes me away for 10 minutes and I feel better. I wish you and your family everything good. Add me as a friend if you need one. Hugs.
    ❤️❤️❤️
  • tuolon
    tuolon Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I will keep you in my prayers.
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Keeping you in thought and prayer.
  • calbadger
    calbadger Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I am praying for you and your whole family.
  • sgtx81
    sgtx81 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Done.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Of course. I'm really sorry you are going through this. I have some stuff going on in my family that makes it especially resonate.
  • JodyFit13
    JodyFit13 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Praying as I type here.....stay focused. Mom and Dad need your strength. Reach out ANYTIME for support. ❤️