Chia breakfast "pudding"

Options
Has anyone made some version of this? I use light coconut milk, chia seeds, mashed bananas, vanilla extract and some cinnamon. Let it sit overnight. In the morning I top with strawberries/some other fruit and some walnuts. It's really yummy and satisfying -- so much so that I feel like I'm missing something. I've logged it according to the information on the coconut milk/chia seeds bag, and of course weighed the fruit and nuts. I guess it's short on protein?

Anyhow, what do people think of this breakfast?

Replies

• HippySkoppy
    HippySkoppy Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Sounds good.

My chia 'pudding' is:

10 grams of white chia (found that the black doesn't gel as much)
    to 100ml of almond milk (can use any milk at all)
    Added in are vanilla bean, coconut essence, lemon and a dash of rum essence

mix and leave at least overnight stirring occasionally 100gms comes in @ 62 calories

I use about 800mls of milk each time and it lasts about a week
    Add in fruit of choice

Also make this into chocolate chia by adding in 10-20 grams of Cadbury drinking chocolate powder. Found this to be really nice as a substitute mousse and usually have with mixed berries as a Supper snack.
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I love chia pudding mine usually consists of

Chia seeds, flax, hemp seed, pumpkin seeds, heavy cream, almond milk, and low carb protein powder. I'll heat it or eat it cold. So yumm!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    How many grams of banana do you use? Would be way too many carbs : protein for me for breakfast. I'd add protein powder.