were you 220lbs (100kgs) ?

13»

Replies

• jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,013 Member
    i'm about220lbs,(100kgs in australia) and 5"0 (155cm)... looking for people who were that weight to share their success stories and modivation... how long has it taken you to get to your goal weight ? are you still working on it? whats helped you get going ??? your modivatons? whats worked for you....???

I was that exact weight in April. Now I am down 27.6 pounds. I was a BIG over eater. seriously. I currently walk. People here have been a wonderful help. I need people who tell it like it is. "you ate crap, you need to get up and work out" ect.
  • I started at 319 and am now 172! You can do anything you put your mind to! stay strong, stay positive and know that you are already ont he right track by being on this website and looking for help and support!!! <3
  • katw26
    katw26 Posts: 6
    I am in Australia also :D I started at 122kgs at the start of last year. I lost 18kgs last year, put 7 back on and have lost a further 21kgs this year- so a total of 32kgs so far :D My end goal is 85kgs, I am currently just under 91kgs :D My big thing was portion control- I ate way too much and drank way too much soft drink- so I cut my portions down, lost the soft drink completely and started exercising. I set my goals at 5kgs lots and didn't think about the big picture- ie how much I had to lose in total- otherwise I would have given up as 37kgs sounds insurmountable! I also focus more on clothing size rather than weight/bmi etc My aim is a size 14- I currently fit into a size 16 with room to spare lol
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    woo I had my first 'you've lost 5kg would you like to recalculate your calorie target' message this morning! Very motivating :)
  • princesstoadstool82
    princesstoadstool82 Posts: 371 Member
    thank you ladies, your all very inprirational!!! i've been doing this for a week... and though i'm not totally strick, i'm a lot better then what i was like... i'm just disappointed today, felt very fat, trying on clothes... went to a chemist, as i dont have a set of scales... to weigh my self.. and i think i havent lost anything.. but what i have to do is go to the gym and weigh mysel on the same scales... :/ still.. its dissapointing.....

on another, better not, my dear darling boyfriend brought me an ipod nano(1st one ever for me!!!) today !!!WOOOHOOO!!! sooo. i will begin my c25k.... err... tomorrow.. umm maybe lol.. wow! also some new running shoes!!! so i guess i gotta try harder next week!! :/

thanks for your inspiration ladies, your amazing!!!!
  • freeloaves
    freeloaves Posts: 281
    Hi, I'm from NZ and I started WW at 112.5 kgs in Jan 2009 I hit 88-92kgs or so, in Jan 2010 and have been the same since.

Started MFP 3 weeks ago at 94kgs, lots 3 so far. Find it amazing support and motivation.

Feel free to add me!
  • princesstoadstool82
    Hi, I'm from NZ and I started WW at 112.5 kgs in Jan 2009 I hit 88-92kgs or so, in Jan 2010 and have been the same since.

Started MFP 3 weeks ago at 94kgs, lots 3 so far. Find it amazing support and motivation.

Feel free to add me!

wow, nice work!!!! :D
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Heya...I started off at around 220lbs...can't be sure of exact weight though as the scales were my arch enemy back then!! I weigh in at 174lbs now - shed the weight over the course of a year. I basically just eliminated a lot of crap from my eating and started to eat smaller portions etc. With regards to exercise...I've never been one for that but I HAVE to get out and walk my dogs...they've been a massive help...not that I'm suggesting you get one...lol!! But I found it easier because I had a reason to do it...if that makes sense.

Anyway...good luck with your journey...I think this is a great place to be :-))
  • princesstoadstool82
    Heya...I started off at around 220lbs...can't be sure of exact weight though as the scales were my arch enemy back then!! I weigh in at 174lbs now - shed the weight over the course of a year. I basically just eliminated a lot of crap from my eating and started to eat smaller portions etc. With regards to exercise...I've never been one for that but I HAVE to get out and walk my dogs...they've been a massive help...not that I'm suggesting you get one...lol!! But I found it easier because I had a reason to do it...if that makes sense.

Anyway...good luck with your journey...I think this is a great place to be :-))

well done with your weight loss so far!!!

i'm starting the c25k... :/ lol.. and i have a gym membership.. exercise is not my friend.. but will see how i go :) all the best with yours...