Hey everyone!

Options
This is definitely a new start for me, as I am trying to eat healithy and get back to the gym as I have a hard time motivating myself to get up and go. I’m trying to get my food intake on track and get back to the gym. My best friend said she would help me with workouts and such, as I would love to shed at least 100 pounds. I just reinstated my Planet Fitness membership and need some new ideas on how to get fruits and vegetables into my diet, my boyfriend isn’t much help as he only likes carrots, corn and apples. I would love to try new ideas and recepies! Any suggestions?!

Replies

• Lutielu
    Lutielu Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Stir fry! One of the few ways I can get my hubby to eat his veggies.
  • emilyofmysfamcottage
    Options
    Hide veggies! You can shred veggies and hide them in things like pasta sauce or meatloaf. They never know that they've unwittingly eaten zucchini or squash :smiley:
  • CrankyGrandpa
    CrankyGrandpa Posts: 24 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I like to buy my standard fruit along with something different each week...then I keep it handy and grab some when the cravings or boredom hits. Also...silly thing, but I have started to collect those little stickers on the fruit...I tape them to my keyboard shelf on my desk. Now my OCD is a bit on the "gotta earn a sticker" side of things.
  • dwilliamca
    dwilliamca Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Every time you go to the store vow to buy a vegetable that you've never tried before. We love stir fry of any kind (cabbage, Napa cabbage, Bok choy, bean sprouts, carrots, broccoli, mushrooms), sautéed kale or other green, grilled zucchini or Japanese eggplant, asparagus especially wrapped in bacon, cauliflower or broccoli with low cal cheese sauce, baked winter squashes, yams, fresh green beans, beets...the list is almost endless. The other day I bought rutabagas and mixed them with potatoes and caramelized onions and they were great. Parsnips are good with carrots for a switch. Also I make lots of cold salads with things like cabbage, spinach, carrots, broccoli...just do some Internet searches for ideas. I also buy several different types of fruit every week and have a couple pieces a day plain or chop some up and make salads out of them....apples, pears, mangos, oranges, bananas, grapes all good in fruit salads of various kinds. Again be original or search the Internet. Have fun with it and maybe even your boyfriend will find some new things he enjoys.