6 months in and ready to give up

Options
I'm 2 lbs away from being half way to my goal weight. I'm only trying to lose 50lbs. My measurements are the same. My clothes fit the same. Progression pictures are the same. I just don't see the point anymore. I'm so sick of calorie counting and getting nothing out of it. The number on the scale means nothing to me if my body isn't changing. 6 months just seems like a really long time for nothing to visibly change. I dont get where this 23lbs came from. Water and muscle?

Replies

• JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    I didnt go down a pants/ top size for 60 pounds then i suddenly just went down all the sizes in a very short time frame. Iv seen it happen with fellow hourglass shaped women, Is that you? If so, Congrats your curvy and your fat comes off evenly. Just keep at it the results are dramatic past the turnaround point
  • mallycat1013
    mallycat1013 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Not sure what body type I am. Most of my weight is in my legs belly and hips. I was always thin until I had a baby. So it's all baby weight (8 years later and it's still there lol).
  • mrsllp51510
    mrsllp51510 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You probably have visceral fat to burn first. This is the fat that is dangerous belly fat that surrounds your organs and pushes out your belly. Once the visceral fat is gone you subcutaneous fat will go. Then you will see your body lose inches.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Can you post progress pics?
  • mallycat1013
    mallycat1013 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    How do I do that?
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! My losses weren't really noticable until about 35 pounds. Fat comes off from different spots it seems at different rates. If you keep at it the fat will start to melt away. The last place for me was my abdomen and my hips are still bigger than I would like. I agree that you have likely lost visceral fat and although you may not see it, the healing to your body is important. Hang in there.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,481 Member
    Options
    Don't quit. You lost 23 lbs. Don't give up that ground.

This is your own brain trying to wreck you- fight back. Forget motivation, you need determination. Determination sees a project through to completion. Failure to close this deal will haunt you. It will bleed negativity into other areas of your life. Rethink.

You read this board much and you will find it loaded with "not good enough" thinking. As your own post points out, it's then a short step to "why bother?" Then quit.

You are about half way to goal but not satisfied. OK. The problem is you brain wants to pretend it can see the future, and the future is- never going to be satisfied. Bull. Your brain can't see the future.

So you had an expectation that half way would be more. Well, now you have feedback. You can rate your accomplishment as not much if you want, but that doesn't have to translate to quit. It's work and there's more to come. You need more WL, training and then maintaining. You can do this. You're doing it. The only way to fail is quit. Don't.
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    All great advice and perspective here.

You are so close to it being noticeable in clothes size. Don’t stop now. There is a great saying in addiction recovery programs, “don’t leave before the miracle.” You are close to the miracle; don’t leave now.

The weird thing for me is that once is was really noticeable, I was 2-3 sizes down. The change of seasons brought it into reality — I couldn’t wear my old cooler weather clothes anymore. Once I bought new clothes in the smaller size, it was like I had lost the weight overnight instead of months.

Keep going.