i never feel full without carbs!

Options
I am a carb hound. I just started with this site, and i really want to succeed. Unfortunatly i have found that unless i eat carbs i just don't feel full. I keep going over on my carbs in my food diary, and i was hoping that someone would have a good suggestion for me...what can i eat that will make me feel full?I am just working on bringing my daily calories down, and don't exactly have calories to spare. Any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks:happy:

Replies

• Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I'm just like you I gotta have my pasta! what I've started doing is loading up my pasta with a ton of veggies, and putting in less pasta...it seems to work (for me!)
  • rowie
    rowie Posts: 75
    Options
    hey, good idea! Im still trying to make myself eat more veg. I was just looking at my daily food diary, and noticed that even when i go over in most areas, i never go over in protien. Guess that's something for me to work on.
  • Anise6789
    Anise6789 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    hey, I
    Ive lost over 60 lbs. eating carbs and some sweets. I have always been balanced with my calorie breakdown. I have an oatmeal bar for breakfast, some fruit, a hershey kiss after a frozen dinner,and sandwhich for lunch. I snack on weight watchers cake, pepperidge farm cookies,and whatever else is within my calorie limit. I burn plenty too. Its great to think we can totally eliminate the things we like , but not realistic for the long haul. Just dont over do. good luck
  • jess42
    jess42 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You know, I've noticed that on this site, the individual goals for carbs and sugar seem to be unrealistically low. Even when I'm eating super well--ie, NO sugar or carbs outside of fruit and a reasonable amount of whole grains-- the amount of carbs and sugar in things like plain oatmeal, fruit, and veggies put me over the limits they set.

Especially if you're working out, you NEED some carbs, so I'd worry more about eating the right ones than meeting the numbers they set on this site=) Look for things that are whole grains and high in fiber.

But a ton of veggies with a cup or so of whole grain pasta is a FANTASTIC way to meet your cravings and still meet your goal of living healthier.

Good luck!
  • Jenners
    Jenners Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I would load up on fiber. Bran cereal with fruit and splenda is actually not too bad and it will leave you really full after not very much of it AND it's pretty low calorie.

I would just look for high fiber stuff in general. It's almost impossible not to feel full after having a high fiber meal (which will include carbs, but you probably won't go over pre-set amounts)
  • meaganrh
    meaganrh Posts: 24
    Options
    Eating fiber would help, and if you have to have carbs try and make them complex carbs instead of starchy like white rice, potatos and white pasta.

Whole Grain all the way!

If you`re still hungry are you sure you`re eating enough protein I usually aim for 30% Protein per meal.
  • mzft79
    mzft79 Posts: 1
    Options
    Try adding some protein 15-30 grams for each meal...Fish, Poultry (breast) , Lean cuts of beef, beans, eggwhites, nuts, and low fat dairy.
    Eating meals high in the best protein can help satisfy your hunger and control your appetite throughout the day.
  • kadee_18
    kadee_18 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have this SAME issue!! Try shirataki noodles or miracle noodles. I was on HCG and cheated by eating these noodles and didnt gain a single pound. (I am not on HCG currently but use it for reference) The texture is a little different but it wasn't so different that I was totally turned off. Plus I had that "full" feeling from eating a carb-like pasta and it didnt throw my whole day off from eating too many carbs. I love to make soup with these noodles. Some chicken, all the veggies I had in my fridge, some chicken stock or broth and these noodles. So delicious, healthy and I felt full. I found them at sprouts and King Sooper's, a Kroger store. Try them out, just rinse them well before adding to your dish.
  • rchelen
    rchelen Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I could've written this myself a month ago. Since going keto I no longer need carbs like rice and bread. I mean I used to eat rice and noodles every single day, 3 meals a day lol. Now, I no longer crave it, and feel full and energize just eating high fat food.