Great Results with the Whole30

Options

8/17 I weighed 298, I started cleaning up my diet in preparation for a 8/28 start date and in the 10 day period I lost 8 lbs weighing in at 290.5 on 8/27.

On 9/27 I weighed 260.5 and have lost 3 in on my waist.

Update

I completed another 28 days on 10/25 to make it a Whole58

i feel so much better and can’t believe how much I don’t feel dependent on food or alcohol. I lost another 14 pounds over the additional 28 days bringing my total weight loss to 52 pounds since 8/17 (10 days before I started my whole 30).

I can’t say enough good things about this program and would encourage anyone to try it and be sure to read the book “It Starts Wih Food”

Replies

• msberger508
    msberger508 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congratulations :)
  • 25agirard
    25agirard Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm going to read that! Thanks for suggestion--great work! Keep it up!!!
  • cjv73
    cjv73 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I really loved the program as well and felt great on it. Lost 24 lbs in 60 days, or something like that? It totally cleared up my psoriasis and my back pain as well. I just found it was far too restrictive to be long-term sustainable.
  • daisywillwin
    daisywillwin Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow, really nice work, I need to get on this!
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    How do you know you've lost weight--- one of the rules of Whole30 is to not weigh yourself. https://whole30.com/step-seven/

Whole30 is an extremely restrictive diet that cuts out a lot of things for no reason. Good luck to transitioning off the plan into maintenance.
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Great job! Ignore the negative comments, I'm not sure why people on here feel the need. Sounds like you've found a healthy way to eat and feel good!
  • supercpa999
    supercpa999 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the encouragement. I will say that I used Territory Foods for 10 meals a week which helped a lot because they are very tasty and there is quite a variety in the meals which made it easier.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    leggup wrote: »
    How do you know you've lost weight--- one of the rules of Whole30 is to not weigh yourself. https://whole30.com/step-seven/

Whole30 is an extremely restrictive diet that cuts out a lot of things for no reason. Good luck to transitioning off the plan into maintenance.

Not quite accurate - it cuts a large variety of foods so that you can determine if you are intolerant of them as you add them back in. BUT - the Whole 30 is NOT a weight loss diet. It is an elimination diet for food intolerances. Many people will not lose weight on it, and weight loss is emphatically not a part of the focus. It's just a side-effect.
  • supercpa999
    supercpa999 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Exactly, for me my diet was so bad the change was dramatic. I had a lot of garbage foods during the day probably eating easily 3,000 + calories and then at night I overloaded on wine and brownies with milk which was typically good for another 2,000 plus. This with very little excercise.
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    Exactly, for me my diet was so bad the change was dramatic. I had a lot of garbage foods during the day probably eating easily 3,000 + calories and then at night I overloaded on wine and brownies with milk which was typically good for another 2,000 plus. This with very little excercise.

Yup, the switch to a whole, unprocessed diet is dramatic for many people and absolutely results in weight loss.
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 821 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    cjv73 wrote: »
    I really loved the program as well and felt great on it. Lost 24 lbs in 60 days, or something like that? It totally cleared up my psoriasis and my back pain as well. I just found it was far too restrictive to be long-term sustainable.

its a whole 30..... its only meant to be done for 30 days! its like a reset for your body, its really not meant to be used long term!

To the OP congrats on losing nearly 30lbs! thats amazing! I too feel so so much better when I eat a more Paleo style diet. I eat so many more veggies and don't feel so weighed down by heavy carbs :)
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    cjv73 wrote: »

... it's not meant to be long term sustainable. The whole point is that you do it for 30 days, then reintroduce foods. Never have they ever recommended that people do it in the long term.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!