Progress Not Perfection

Options
We can't be perfect, but if we keep moving forward that's all that matters. I'm almost 41,and it's taken me years to finally get back on track. Personal experiences brought me down, but this time there's no stopping me. Not even going to allow my current extreme difficulties to get in my way. It's still hard to stay on track mentally. But physically i keep going. Could use some more accountability friends. Together we can succeed, no matter what life throws our way. My progress: Starting 212, Current 165, Goal 150. (Been 6 months in this current journey)

Replies

• Flexecutioner
    Flexecutioner Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yes and Yes! Well done so far with your progress, the keeping going is the best we can all do.

Life is always going to throw challenges our way, I have had plenty of my own and have played the victim, used my circumstances as an excuse as to why I can mindlessly eat or sloth around when it has been my own self-loathing holding me back.

Truth is we aren't special because of our lives, all people struggle at some point in life, it is just some have risen to the challenge, which is where I am at now. Over the past year I have lost 30kgs/66lbs and am ready to push myself to gain strength, banish more weight and build confidence as I go.

Today is my first here on MFP and I am hoping it will be a great tool is measuring progress, keeping motivated and sharing support with others.

When I can figure it out, I will add you and others feel free to do the same with me.

• virgoconga
    virgoconga Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Progress not perfection to me is what it is all about.
    We just want to be healthy and feel good as we grow.
  • virgoconga
    virgoconga Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I truly believe I am making nice progress. I'm averaging 2 days a week at the gym and working out in between it home and trying to improve my nutrition and today I got more cardio in during my 8 Mile bike ride.
    I'm starting to grow out of my clothes and my core is tight and my back is growing as a matter fact everything is growing all the muscles are doing what they are supposed to do.
    Progress not perfection I prefer progress. I'm having a good day and a good end of the year so far.
  • 4queen_t
    4queen_t Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I'm making progress too. I'm down another pound since i posted this. The weight loss is slow, but i know I'm also gaining muscle and my clothes are getting baggier. I wish i knew how to post progress pics on here because i would post mine. I'm so proud of how far I've come. And thanks to a few friends i have on here I'm able to stay motivated and keep going. Thank you.
  • 4queen_t
    4queen_t Posts: 302 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Thanks to the forums i was able to figure out how to post from my phone. It's just a face progress pic, but you can definitely see the difference. This is a 48 lb difference.adpd8gqc03sn.jpg