New around here and LOVING it so far!!

amandastegmanhughes
edited September 30 in Introduce Yourself
Hi! I am Amanda, 19 years old, 136 pounds and ready to get back down to my pre-baby body of 115 pounds and a 6 pack! :) I was a dedicated volleyball player and was in very good shape, but after getting pregnant and eating loads of junk food, I lost any motivation of working out and losing the extra few pounds I put on. My daughter will be 3 next January and I gained 80 pounds during my pregnancy with her. I worked hard the first 8 months of her life to lose the weight I wanted to, but I have struggled to get off the last few pounds and the extra fat around my hips (HATE my love handles!!!!) and my legs. I started a dedicated gym schedule last week with my husband and two of my girlfriends. We now work out 6 days a week- 2 days is a lifting class, 2 days of cardio, and 2 days of Zumba. I am already feelling GREAT! I hope to make some new friends on this site and hear other's stories. I am ready to get back into shape so that I can actually keep up with my little soon to be soccer player and gymnast! :)

Replies

• JoeB71
    JoeB71 Posts: 115 Member
    Welcome to MFP. Sounds like you have a good plan of attack. Stay motivated & focused & you'll achieve your goal. Best of luck.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Feel free to add me! :) I'm 19 as well!
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    careful alot of big losers around here
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Welcome!
  • dolphin21
    dolphin21 Posts: 301 Member
    Hey, its an Awesome site with lots of motivation!!!!! Its helping me and others so u will like it! Good luck:) you can add me if you like I can be your Workout buddy! Congrats on being a mommy
  • I forgot to mention that my husband and I are both starting EMT/Paramedic this semester together so we both need to get in shape for that! Just one more thing to keep us motivated!!
This discussion has been closed.