Need Help! I'm looking to buy a new heart rate monitor

Options
I'm looking to purchase a heart rate monitor. I know I'm going to get ECG with a chest strap. What brands do you recommend? I need general advice/information. I'm at the first stage of the buying process... just looking for now. I need help! Thanks.

Replies

• Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Polar.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    go polar or go home!
  • letsdothis2010
    letsdothis2010 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I love my polar f6 :) has always worked perfectly for me, the chest strap is nice too.
  • Wanting2BSkinny
    Options
    I'm getting a Polar FT4 soon. The Polar's seem to be very popular around here.
  • sincerelykylee
    Options
    I can see I may need to get a Polar... :P
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I have heard nothing but great things about the polar heart monitors. Found one on ebay and it is in the mail now! Can't wait to see how it works.
  • Ashrenalls
    Ashrenalls Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should get a Polar? sarc mark....
  • CaptainMFP
    CaptainMFP Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I really like my Polar FT7. Not super pricy (I paid $104) but not cheap either. I'll probably upgrade to a Garmin down the line (for running and cycling purposes, I will eventually want the GPS) but I found these too pricey for my first HRM.
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I wanted a polar, but decided on a sportline 1010. It was less expensive and so far I'm loving it! It's right on when I take my HR manually and it syncs with my elliptical at the gym.

I've heard nothing but good things about Polar, though!
  • theba2il
    theba2il Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Hi girlie,

I have the Polar FT7. I love it! I decided after reading the forums and reviews online. I use it to track my calories burned. Happy shopping!
  • dolphin21
    dolphin21 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Polar is the Best!!! I just got one an its Awesome! !! I got the FT4 an its easy 2 use!!! Don't get no other one, I did and had 2 return it after the first use! Polar FT4 OR FT7! Good luck!!!
  • MEMA5
    MEMA5 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    LIKE EVERY ONE SAID, TRY POLAR F4,F6 ,F14 PICK ONE U LIKE AND GO WITH IT....I HAVE THE F4 FOR ALMOST A YEAR I LOVE IT...ISSY
  • Hananiah
    Hananiah Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I've had a Polar FT1 for a few months so far and love it. It is one of the cheaper ones (I have to goto a website to check my calories burned, but that doesn't bother me).