im starving!

Options
I had breakfast lunch and dinner but i feel like im starving....ive had plenty of water and some arizona tea today. Does anyone know why? Or maybe how to help it? I was just going to have a banana smoothie but what if it doesnt help? hmmmmmm

Replies

• MyouTakara
    Options
    If you have protein powder, add it to the smoothie. The additional protein will help you fill up. Some plain yogurt would help too.
  • fkeehnen
    fkeehnen Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    bananas always make me hungry. try cereal and fat free milk
  • pankait88
    pankait88 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    All I really know what to say is drink as many liquids as you can sister!!!! You are new to the teens years so youre going to be more hungry than say me...whos sitting next to you right now!!! lol- because youre still growing.

But if its really bad theres no harm in making a banana smoothie because i know all you put in it is milk and a banana! and youre under your calorie intake anyway
    sincerly-
    your loving SISTER!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
  • korygilliam
    korygilliam Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    It would help if you make your diary public...make sure you are getting enough protein and complex carbs (more specifically protein). If you are getting mainly carbs, then your body is burning it off too fast and you also have the issue w/ the 'sugar low' when your body comes off of the 'high' of the quick energy found in simple carbs
  • Rhondast
    Rhondast Posts: 93
    Options
    Try coconut water. Pure coconut water. It helps your vitamins,and fills you up.
  • chloestelle
    Options
    I am sooo hungry too. I'm following my calorie allowance with about 50 over but I'm stil drinking water to try to fill my hungry belly.
  • korygilliam
    korygilliam Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    yeah, your only protein today was the 2 ounces of chicken...I bet if you add more protein you would end up feeling better and fuller for a longer period of time. I am a carbitarian, so I have the same problem.

edit--didn't notice the extra protein in the muffins and didn't know that broccoli had so much protein...I think you are still low on it. Plus, having the small amt of rice for lunch isn't filling enough to last you. Eat something a little more filling w/ your lunch so you don't feel deprived at dinner. you have 400 extra calories from exercising, so I would eat 200 calories of that as your smoothie (or all 400...you want to be a little hungry, but not feel like you are starving).
  • mrmurfman
    Options
    i have been trying to get under 270 for over a year now every time i get at 270 i would have powerful cravings and eat and eat. i joined yesterday and learned that i was starving myself and when my body had enough of that it would fight back. now i track my calories. you may have something like this going on with your situation.

hope it helps
  • heatherbarron84
    Options
    Mind over matter!! Eat to live not live to eat!! You can do it I know you can!!
  • KrissyChefBaby
    KrissyChefBaby Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    All I really know what to say is drink as many liquids as you can sister!!!! You are new to the teens years so youre going to be more hungry than say me...whos sitting next to you right now!!! lol- because youre still growing.

But if its really bad theres no harm in making a banana smoothie because i know all you put in it is milk and a banana! and youre under your calorie intake anyway
    sincerly-

You guys are funny.
    Listen to your sister. If that's all you put in then there's no harm there. Apples work really well for me too when I get really hungry because they have fiber. The refrigerator was pretty pathetic before we went grocery shopping today. Its what basically save me. I was sooo hungry.
  • KrissyChefBaby
    KrissyChefBaby Posts: 68 Member
    Options

sincerly-

You guys are funny.
    Listen to your sister. If that's all you put in then there's no harm there. Apples work really well for me too when I get really hungry because they have fiber. The refrigerator was pretty pathetic before we went grocery shopping today. Its what basically save me. I was sooo hungry.
  • theba2il
    theba2il Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Hi:0) You still have 400 cal you can eat. You can eat those, if you are already on a deficit. If I don't exercise, I eat 1200 cal. If I exercise, I eat some or all my exercise cal. so my body doesn't think it's going to starvation.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    You still have 400 cal. go for some healthy fats... avocado, nuts, Peanutbutter, Yes calorie dens, but doesn't take much to fill you up. And you get lots of lovely nutrients for your growing body!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    You're hungry because you haven't eaten enough food!
    You are 400 cals under for the day. Eat something!
  • allip722
    allip722 Posts: 17
    Options
    Thank you!!!!(: