Turning 32 and over 200 lbs - ready for change!

Options
Hello! My 32nd birthday is next week and I weigh around 220 right now, the highest my weight has ever been. I have a lifelong history of weight fluctuation (constantly gaining & losing & starting over again) and an unhealthy relationship with food. I have a diagnosed anxiety disorder and depression and I turn to food for comfort or for punishment. When my depression in particular is bad, I always gain. The last two and half years have been by far the hardest and worst of my whole life and I went from 150 to 220ish in that time.

I've been actively in therapy and have been making a lot of progress. I just made a huge career shift a few months ago and I love my new job! I also just moved into a new house with new housemates a few weeks ago and it's a great fit for me.

Now that my work and home situations feel more settled, I'm ready to make some serious lifestyle changes and focus on my mental, emotional, and physical health!

I could definitely use some suppprt and accountability from people who can relate to these struggles & goals! Add me as a friend if you could use the same :)

Replies

• marjan80
    marjan80 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey! You can do this! I’m the type that fluctuates a lot also. It’s so hard to maintain after working so hard to get it off. But you can do it!! Be kind to yourself. And forgiving. And patient. And remember, just because you get in a mood and maybe binge eat for a meal doesn’t mean you have to carry on and do it throughout the day ❤️ good luck!!
  • Sunami32
    Sunami32 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I’ve gone through a lot of the same. You’ve got this! Feel free to add me
  • SusanDSME
    SusanDSME Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I also live with anxiety & depression, and PTSD. The meds I'm on for PTSD/ anxiety make me gain weight, and make it harder to lose. I started here at my highest ever weight (173) and am finding logging calories & getting support here are helping. Let's support each other. Feel free to add me.
  • sendtoharvey
    sendtoharvey Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    now that things are settling down, you got this!
    I just turned 32, and had crossed the 2s also... so i get it..
    good luck!!