Chocolate Milk...actually a good thing?

Options
A new study shows that low fat chocolate milk is good for you after a work out. Just saw this on Fox News Chicago...of course I couldn't find it on their site yet. So I did a quick google and poof here is the study from University of Texas--Austin, by Dr. John Ivy...

http://www.utexas.edu/news/2011/06/22/milk_studies/

Replies

• spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I read a bit about it-- the carbs and protein the milk help to repair muscle growth. I like to have skim milk and low calorie chocolate syrup. Obviously, in moderation!
  • 1_up
    1_up Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    There is a guy at my work that has been doing this for years...he goes down on his break and works out and then comes up to the department and drinks chocolate milk...like clockwork!! He's a lean guy...he swears by it!
  • Cchappell10
    Options
    We've heard this as well. My son's Swim Team Coach is not only an amazing coach, but also a fitness guru with an actual degree of some sort in fitness. He swears by it and encourages all swimmers to drink a glass of chocolate milk when they get home from practice or a meet.
  • pammyedmunds
    pammyedmunds Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Interesting I have never heard this before....hmmm
  • 4KidFather
    4KidFather Posts: 134
    Options
    Works for me.
    Some/most folks have cow milk issues though.
    Further - I actually did BETTER on simple whole milk - no added sugar - or cocoa.
    Look up the GOMAD diet ;)
  • hedwardsb
    hedwardsb Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I make mine by mixing milk chocolate ovaltine into skim milk. It adds some extra vitamins.
  • pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Milk 2 Go (Canada) has a reduced sugar version which, in my opinion is amazing. Great because it also satisfies the sweet chocolate and creamy urges.
  • kayleeblue
    kayleeblue Posts: 273
    Options
    I knew there had to be a reason I always have a quart in my frig!! But my son works out BIG time and he swears by it also. I just have to have it...or someone will die.