Cardio VS. Fat Burning Zone?

Options
What's your opinion? Which is better? Is the FBZ legit, or is just a fad that will pass?

Replies

• Kissxx
    Kissxx Posts: 99
    Options
    I think its good to combine both. You burn smaller calories while in the fat burning zone and higher during higher intensity. In the end its the total calories burned that really matters.
  • 4KidFather
    4KidFather Posts: 134
    Options
    Chronic low intensity Cardio just stresses you out and is a waste of workout time.
    FBZ ? That's usually several hours after your last meal - right before breakfast.
    High intensity jumping around is excellent for you (plyometrics, sprints etc) quicker and may be what the FBZ is about?
    I lose more fat when I am sprinting - and eating starch before and after them.
  • MrsZMartin
    MrsZMartin Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Fat Burning Zone was a fad and has already passed. I hate that typing doesn't offer tone of voice. ... I'm not trying to sound snooty or anything! Current research says it is far more efficient to work at a higher percentage of your heart rate range. Get a good sweat and enjoy the burn!
  • Rompa_87
    Rompa_87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Fat Burning Zone was a fad and has already passed. I hate that typing doesn't offer tone of voice. ... I'm not trying to sound snooty or anything! Current research says it is far more efficient to work at a higher percentage of your heart rate range. Get a good sweat and enjoy the burn!

The research does in fact agree with this :) Fat burning zone is well and truly a myth of the past