Self-Sabotaging Habits: Confess them to help (everyone) beat them!

Options
13»

Replies

• jessica91b17
    jessica91b17 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have been binging on sugary snacks when I'm stressed or bored even though i know it's the wrong choice, I usually end up saying things to myself like I'll start over tomorrow or i just don't care right now and then I feel guilty later.
  • PositiveChange2013
    Options
    My biggest problem is using binge eating to numb the pain of my work related anxiety. I'm going back to my old habits of saying, "Ahhhh.....what the hell. Tomorrow is another day." When tomorrow comes, I repeat the whole tomorrow is another day mantra once again. This needs to stop.
  • vmtdawn
    vmtdawn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I "borrow" calories from the week so I can binge eat. If I'm out of calories on Monday, I borrow some from Tuesday so I can eat what I want.
    Then when Tuesday gets here, I get frustrated I don't have enough calories, say screw it, and binge eat.
    I'm still figuring out how to fix it. Well, I know how to fix it..Just controlling myself to not do it.
  • verybusybee
    verybusybee Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    @jessica91b17 I am also a bored eater and stressed eater. Although I don't always know when I am stressed. What I have been trying to do is keep healthy snack individually wrapped and with me at all times. Nuts in the car or pork rinds (I do keto) so no carbs or cheese etc.
  • verybusybee
    verybusybee Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    @vmtdawn The concept of borrowing calories comes from weight watchers. While on weight watchers you are given a number of points and then additional points you can use a little each day or have like a cheat day. It isn't a bad concept but I am not sure how you do it with calories. May you can work on staying between 50 and 100 under Sunday through Friday and then you have 350-700 to play with on Saturday or a day you choose.
  • jessica91b17
    jessica91b17 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I was doing really good before it started getting colder, what worked for me before was to either chew sugar free gum or take a short walk instead of snacking when im feeling upset.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    aeloine wrote: »
    There are foods that I delude myself into thinking I'll be able to control. This week I bought a bag of individually wrapped chocolates thinking that I'd be able to ration them.

Woke up one morning on a pile of wrappers and a chocolate hang over.... I guess you could say I *browned* out :wink:

My fix is to NOT keep chocolate in the house.

I've totally been there

Me three. I have a bad habit of sort of hoarding certain foods, thinking I can control my intake of them but the fact is that the only times I do buy these foods is when I cannot control my intake, due to emotional stuff. Lately, it has been mince pies (Uk Xmas food) and Red Velvet Cake. I got rid of all the funsize chocolate bars I amassed during the Halloween period as even putting them in the freezer did not stop me. It is not self sabotage in the sense that I have any weight to lose, but that I end up binge eating and feeling like rubbish from all the sugar.
  • kathskelly53
    kathskelly53 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Did someone mention mince pies. Now that’s going to be hard